Introducing Behind the Leaderboard: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 1

Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: Introducing Behind the Leaderboard: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 1

Message 31 of 79

Thanks so much for sharing some of your favorite games with us, @cn8777! These are great recommendations. I love a game like Bubble Utopia that can put you in a good mood. 

Here's the link to the Staying Sharp program for anyone else who'd like to try it out! 

https://stayingsharp.aarp.org/ 

@cn8777 wrote:

It's the  the  Big Gamer again, just found a bunch of good games on AARP staying Sharp and I already found some favorites- Secret Files- all about memory and so challenging.

Bubble Utopia is a real favorite, will put you in a Good Mood, especially if you play your beautiful music!

Path finder- get those pipes in order so you can flow better- seems like the path in Life.

Think Memory, now that's a challenge for me as well.

Split words seems like putting words together can be challenging, just like your day, split and then repaired.

Another one- basketball anyone? Think focus- ha,ha,ha first time I tried it, I was running with it and then oh, darn, concentrate,  imagine yourself actually doing it and then when it happens- I'm doing it,yes, you feel Awesome!

Hurray for change- yes, life changes, go thru hoops in life but it's stepping stones and remember your feet are roots to the ground, less tripping.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 79

Wow! It's so great that you can stick a theme. I feel like I'm just trying to make any word I can. I need to bone up on my words with "x's" A few of the other gamers in this thread also like Word Wipe. Have you tried that one yet? 

@KerryF658063 wrote:

Hi there - I love playing Outspell to wake up in the mornings. So far I haven't branched out to playing anyone except the computer. I often challenge myself to do all theme words like animal, or romance related words on the board.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 79

It's the  the  Big Gamer again, just found a bunch of good games on AARP staying Sharp and I already found some favorites- Secret Files- all about memory and so challenging.

Bubble Utopia is a real favorite, will put you in a Good Mood, especially if you play your beautiful music!

Path finder- get those pipes in order so you can flow better- seems like the path in Life.

Think Memory, now that's a challenge for me as well.

Split words seems like putting words together can be challenging, just like your day, split and then repaired.

Another one- basketball anyone? Think focus- ha,ha,ha first time I tried it, I was running with it and then oh, darn, concentrate,  imagine yourself actually doing it and then when it happens- I'm doing it,yes, you feel Awesome!

Hurray for change- yes, life changes, go thru hoops in life but it's stepping stones and remember your feet are roots to the ground, less tripping.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 79

Hi there - I love playing Outspell to wake up in the mornings. So far I haven't branched out to playing anyone except the computer. I often challenge myself to do all theme words like animal, or romance related words on the board.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 79

I LOVE Outspell. It's such a fun game. I keep learning new words too like "Qi" and "Qats." You have to memorize those Q words that don't have a "u" in them to make the game a little easier. Smiley Happy

What have you named the cartoon players? 

@barbarajwear wrote:

I used to play Mahjoong until Outspell was introduced and now I am addicted to it.  I have named the three cartoon players and I love playing against them.  At 80, I want to keep my mind working and I find that Outspell gives me the opportunity to learn new words and sometimes I take a chance with adding letters and it turns out to be a word.  Great game AARP.  

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 79

I'm loving all of your stories about why you started playing games. 

@sneekycheeky I just played my first game of Word Wipe. It was harder than I expected. I only made it to level 3. I need more practice! How far have you gotten?

@2Papa A wager on games sounds like so much. Adds a little extra excitement to the games.  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 79

I'm really enjoying to learn why people play AARP games and what's their favorites. I've been playing for years but can't really remember how I got into it. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 79

@Dinata I believe that's how I discovered the AARP games too. It was just an article, whether the magazine or the Web site I cannot be sure, and it got me thinking that it might be nice to add to my crossword regimen. I find the New York Times crosswords just a little too frustrating, to be honest!! Maybe I should challenge myself a little more.......

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 79

Now I want to know what those wagers are, @2Papa!! I'm getting good enough at Outspell that I just might propose a chores wager and get out of dishes every so often......

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 79

way to go 80,i'm 70 and hope to keep playing after 80. try word wipe you might like it to (faster pace)

Kudos
Views