Introducing Behind the Leaderboard: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 1

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Introducing Behind the Leaderboard: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 1

Message 71 of 79

I read your article, Louise. I have a lot of free time now too and have wondered if I'm spending it right when I get into the game zone. But I find that as long as I don't spend more than an hour or so playing, it keeps me sharp. It's better than watching television in that it's interactive. It makes me DO something instead of just sit there zoning out. 

Game zone = good!

Zoning out = not so great

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 79

@BobJ685852 Such a great point about being able to play a game in just a few minutes.  I snuck in a game of 10 x 10 during my lunch hour. A quick, fun break during a day at the office.  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 79

Delphine, I found your tip about using a word scramble page for Outspell really helpful. Well, to be honest, I've done it before and DID think of it as cheating a little bit! LOL. Or maybe just getting a little boost when I get stuck. But after reading your profile, I added that step of seeing how many of the letters I can memorize when I'm transferring them over. Every little bit helps...........

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 79

I added Block Champ to my resume of games a few weeks ago. It takes a bit longer to get points, but I like the way lines disappear making way for other shapes. There's a lot of strategy involved to make sure you leave spaces for the L shapes and the solid twelve square block. It's rather fascinating. I'm in Michigan and it's raining here, too by the way. Enjoy!!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 79

Dreay day here in NC. Had some dental work done this morning and the novocaine is finally starting to wear off. Haven't had a chance to play any games but am sitting at my computer ready to play 10 x 10 and Word Scramble. These two are my favorites for now.

Read my story, find out a bit about me and you will see why I play games. Let me know why you play.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 79

Whats up fellow gamers!

Raining here in Tennessee. Got a little laundry going & cant get anything done outside today soooo.....might as well get a couple of games in! One of the many myriad reasons I enjoy gaming too. I've recently been playing Tap Zap Boom, Scramble Words & Holiday Mahjongg Dimensions.

I like the fact that most of the games at the AARP site can be completed in just a few minutes. Pretty cool if youve got other stuff going on. Anybody else have any games they've been geeking out on recently?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 79

I'd love to hear all your stories - Challenges always help you to grow!! That's why the games are so much fun!!

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 79
Hi Gamers! 

I'm Raegan, the GamesConcierge for the AARP Behind the Leaderboard™ series! I'm here to chat with you about all things gaming! 

I currently live in NYC, but I grew up playing board games and Nintendo with my siblings in Alabama. But now I mostly stick to online card games like Solitaire (Spider is my favorite). They're a fun challenge, but they also help me turn my mind off a bit after a busy day. 

Why don't you introduce yourself and tell us why you play games!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Introducing Behind the Leaderboard: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 1

Message 79 of 79

You’ve seen their usernames—now meet some of your fellow AARP gamers. Like you, they play games to exercise their mind and pass the time. And like you, they have lives beyond their screen time. We talked with eight AARP gamers to find out their stories and learn who they are when they’re not logged in. To read all the gamer profiles, click here.

As part of our series, we're hosting weekly forum threads about what gaming adds to our lives. For our first Behind the Leaderboard forum thread, we want to hear from you! Introduce yourself and tell us why you play games!

Kudos
Views
Replies