Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Insanely High Scores on Leaderboard In Outspell

Message 11 of 15

I agree, the scores are too high. Also my Majong Solitaire is no more, just A BLACK screen.  Phooey.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

They're Bots (robots).  Usually you could tell it was them because the user name was a long list of numbers and letters.  Now they've become more sophisticated where it actually looks like a real person's user name.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

@MargaretF34688 wrote:

Hi.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I am a fairly good Scrabble player, also Words With Friends, and word/spelling games like that. I don't use any sort of "cheat" software or programs or websites to look up words - if I can't come up with it out of my own head, or from occasionally asking my husband, or someone else if they happen to be around, a question like, "What words can you think of that end in "za"?", then I feel it is dishonest play and it kind of takes the fun out of it for me. Lately, I've been playing Outspell on the AARP site and so far the highest score I have managed to achieve is in the 900's. Yet the high score for the day on the Leaderboard today is over 7000 and regularly reaches this level. Are people just cheating by using these cheat proprams in order to get such high scores? I cannot see how it could be otherwise. Anyone out there ever get such high scores on the natch, without using any outside system for help? Curious....

Sincerely,

Maggie

@MargaretF34688,

This is not the only game that has this issue.

I reported, over six months ago, that the game BLACKJACK, had a group of players that scored not 1, not 2, but 6 Billion points regularly on that game. Yes, that was BILLION with a "B". Those are impossible scores, and, even if possible, they would take months, not one sitting on one day to score.

Now with the new format, these very same people have figured out how to take two or more places on the high score chart. One has the highest AND the third highest score for the week, both in the BILLIONS. That means what ever nefarious means they are using to post scores, it has gotten worse.

AARP has taken no action either toward these players or their ability to "cheat" "hack" or whatever term you want to use regarding the platform.

Go try playing the BLACKJACK game and see how hard it is just to reach 50,000 points and you will see how crazy 6 and 7 BILLION is.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

The same thing with the jigsaw puzzles -- it amazes me that people can get up to the high 6,000's -- my highest score is 5510 and I was so happy I even achieved that.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Insanely High Scores on Leaderboard In Outspell

Message 15 of 15

Hi.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I am a fairly good Scrabble player, also Words With Friends, and word/spelling games like that. I don't use any sort of "cheat" software or programs or websites to look up words - if I can't come up with it out of my own head, or from occasionally asking my husband, or someone else if they happen to be around, a question like, "What words can you think of that end in "za"?", then I feel it is dishonest play and it kind of takes the fun out of it for me. Lately, I've been playing Outspell on the AARP site and so far the highest score I have managed to achieve is in the 900's. Yet the high score for the day on the Leaderboard today is over 7000 and regularly reaches this level. Are people just cheating by using these cheat proprams in order to get such high scores? I cannot see how it could be otherwise. Anyone out there ever get such high scores on the natch, without using any outside system for help? Curious....

Sincerely,

Maggie

Kudos
Views
Replies