Contributor

How is mahjongg solitaire scored?

How is mah jongg solitaire scored?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been able to get to 78,000 but only get over 60,000 maybe once in 25 or 30 games. It took me a long time to figure out the chairs--for instance, birds chain with bars.  Some kinds if chains are worth more than others, too. I think it would be hard to cheat, though, as the game reports your score for you, doesn't it?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Re: "birds chain with bars". What are bars? Do you mean Bamboo? I have often wondered if Birds chained with anything else. It's difficult for me to determine which chains are worth more than others because the clock is ticking and if I look at the score every time I make a match, I'm losing valuable time. I commend you for being able to figure out this important strategy. Thanks for sharing the information....I'll keep at it!
0 Kudos
Contributor

You can pause your game for any reason by clicking on the upper right [ " ];

you can check scoring chains by clicking on the [?]

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank  you!  I have played many games of Mahjongg Solitaire and never knew you could pause the game.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There is NO WAY that anyone is getting the scores that are posted for mahjongg solitaire unless they know a way to beat the game.  Even if I remove all the tiles in the alloted time I cannot get over 60K.  How are you getting the high scores?  Please give me some tips.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The scoring doesn't seem to make sense or be consistent.  I've cleared the board with great care and scored under 60K and not cleared it and scored almost 80. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have played all of the games on the aarp sight.  There is no way people are getting the scores they're reporting unless they're cheating.  I concur with everyone else.  People are cheating.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Many of the games (solitaire and mahjongg) have impossible scores recorded/reported. There is no way a person can make those scores without gaming the system. I have read online that there is major cheating happening. Just ignore those top scores and compete with your own times.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply.  My suspicions are confirmed.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png