Contributor

Help! Someone Changed Mahjongg Solitare

• First I want to thank AARP for offering the online games. Manning Solitaire has become part of my life. I love it so much that it is my bedtime ritual because it relaxes me. That is why I can't believe there are not thousands of people on this site complaining about the change they made to the mahjongg solitary game! It has been changed to a different type of layout in a portrait view vertical instead of the original landscape horizontal version. This completely changes the game. I loved the basic shape of the original version. There are lots of versions out their including all the new different mahjongg games on this site that I have tried but I always went back to your original version.  The new layout makes it impossible to plan your attack before you start. It is less strategy and more luck because you really have no idea what is under so many more tiles. I can understand if this type of game layout is something others might prefer but can't you also have the original for old people like me who loved it and cry at the thought of never playing it again? Please, please please !!
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post, @d223341z. We've identified a bug on mobile phone that is affecting how the tiles orient in landscape vs. portrait mode. Our technical team is actively working to resolve this quickly. While the game is still playable, we regret the inconvenience that the tile orientation is causing you. We will confirm when the fix has been implemented and we appreciate your patience in the meantime. Thanks for being here and thanks for playing!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @d223341z, I'm back with good news. The bug was resolved early this morning. You can resume playing your favorite game of Solitaire in landscape mode on the mobile device now.

Silver Conversationalist

Ask and you will receive! AARP - Absolutely Amazing Retired People every now and then!

Star.png

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle