Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 21 of 58

I like Mahjongg Solitaire, and I can't fathom how anyone could get scores like the high scores.  Are there rules that I don't know about to increase scores?  I clear the board regularly.  My highest score was a bit over 60,000.  But that's nowhere near the top scores, usually somewhere around 100,000.

On some of the games, this one for sure, I have no clue as to how points are scored.  You just play and at the end get a number.  ??  Where did it come from?  Like when I scored over 60,000 I have no idea as to what I did differently to get that score. 

Thanks

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 58

I don't know  either.  Maybe it's the grandkids getting these unbelivable scores.  I play knife smash a lot it's the only time I get on the leader board, at least for a hour or two.  It seems that you have less players after midnight, so if you are a night owl like me, you might try it then.  Most of the time I think it's the luck of the deal and I haven't been too lucky in that department.

I wish they would get a checkers game with the ability to chat with your opponent.

I know a little about bridge, I took beginning lessions a long time ago, but I am not savvy enough to play on line.

I also wish they had some untimed versions of these games for those of us who want to take our time and enjoy the experience.

Enjoy your day.

Marianne

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 58
I like to play Mahjongg Candy, but get frustrated at all the shuffles it demands. As you quoted your Mother, it's enough "to make a preacher cuss". I find I'm saying words I never knew I know. I renamed this game Mahjongg Candy Shuffle,Shuffle, Shuffle. I wish the shuffling can be toned down.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

Yes! on those same games.  I used to rock.  Now I'm puf-f-f-f... I thought I was losing it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

I definitely agree. I play often, but do not have ilusions of grandure. I play to exceed my best score. TN's scores are OVER THE TOP. Not sure how. Would love to know. thanks, Patrohn

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

Any tips on sweet shuffle?  Not sure which is a good combination to make higher points? It's not like the other games.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

Yes I agree with you. I used to get high scores in Tri-Peaks solitary. I can not do as weak as I did. I do not understand how people get scores as high as they do. Must be a trick in there some where. Jfree69

JEFFREY L. ANDERSON
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

I totally agree with everything you said.  So the only thing we can do is play for fun, try to get better but don't make that your priority.  Just play for fun, and have a life outside playing games.  I'm sure the people that play these games and have cheat codes don't have much of life other than that.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

I am a senior, 77 yrs of age. My favorite games are Mah Jongg Candy and Toy Box. I don't feel that these new games are geared for people of my age.  I see high scores posted and wonder if these people are really seniors. Also, some games have too many shuffles (frustrating) and a person needs to be a speed demon to finish the games. I used to get higher scores with the old games. Now I'm lucky to get into the hundreds. Anyone feel the same?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 30 of 58

Every once in a while I pause the game to plan a future word. Other than that I suggest that you learn a whole bunch of useless words!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE