Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 1 of 66

Thank you Nina.  I did initially try all the search terms and in fact had gotten a result in the form of a video which is pointless because not only is the person's score very much lower than what I get, but there is no explanation given for the moves which obviously don't yield great results.

The point you bring up about the position of the last ball in a chain which includes an arrow ball, is key . This is mentioned in the information Arkadia gives once you click on Arkadia support. I bet a lot of players don't know about that resource.

As to :"Nailing a flower to 0 with a long string of a different color from the far side of the board, using an arrow." I know the flower ball is a multiplier, important to scoring, but what I haven't yet gotten the grasp of are the operations that get rid of a flower ball.  I see it decreasing in number as I link it to balls of the same color. But why does it change color sometimes, and why when I use an arrow ball or the ball that explodes, all that happens is that the flower ball winds up on top?

Thank you for taking the time to respond with information.  There really isn't a lot of that out there to help us and the leader board is too over the top to be a motivator. So I play against myself which is just as fun.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 66

The scores on Lumeno are achievable but misleading.  Anything marked 2M is 1,500,001+ rounded upward. It will still show the actual score on your personal best.

The trick with the game is that all the specialty shots emit from the last bubble in the string, so collecting your string one direction can have a radically different effect than going the opposite way. You want to knock the flowers out as often as possible because that changes the multiplier. Once you get your multiplier over 12/13, the scores really start to increase.  Nailing a flower to 0 with a long string of a different color from the far side of the board, using an arrow, is fun. 

I found an explanation of the game by searching "tips and tricks Lumeno."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 3 of 66

So, when is the leader board going to change ? You offer a great solution. As it stands all the unrealistic high scores are meaningless for most of the players who don't use hacks and just wasting space. 

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 4 of 66
Bev, once again. I'd add that shape is super important as you know but leaving crummy shape for the computer is great. It will give you an easy ball-in-hand and is terrible at strategy if it does not have a shot.
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 5 of 66

Thanks, Bev! Those are great tips. I play 9 Ball occasionally and have never tried for the leader board.

Your tip 2 is something I've been missing. Also probably playing the expert professor (or whatever he is) will get you a better score than the other two.

This tip on 9 ball should have it's own thread and the structure of this board ought to make it easier to find tips on a particular game. For sure I don't play everything but the solitaire games are even more obscure. I play quickly and get no where close to the top score.

So, please restate your excellent points in a 9 Ball thread of its own. It's worth it. Thanks.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 6 of 66

I can't believe those scores of 1M and 2M in Lumeno. Is that really possible?  How about broadening the leader board to numbers more realistic? I have looked all over the Internet using different search terms for better instructions about this fun game and how it is scored.  I know it's about connecting the balls of the same color, but where is information about strategy and what is the boss ball?  Why isn't this included with the game?

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 7 of 66

I keep seeing comments about cheating.  I do have to admit that I'm surprised when I think I've been really fast and accurate in a game only to see scores waaaaaay higher than mine!  Like many, I play more for the fun of it than winning (often have to get up in the middle of a game to tend to something else so forget a high score!!)  My question is, though --- how in the world would someone cheat on any game here??  Maybe I'm just naive because I wouldn't even have the slightest idea how to do that.  

I would suggest to those who are competitive, ignore the scores of those nameless people you don't know.  Keep your own score and just try to beat yourself!  Then have a drink and celebrate.

Highlighted

Message 8 of 66

I wonder if the real "game" here is to study people who are playing a game without having a clue as to the rules of the game, how it is scored, and who is keeping a record of the scores, and if that list is open to the public?  The "rules" are just "join the dots," but who knows what "scores," or even what the score is on a particular move, or why one simple move will half-way clear the board, while another long and complicated move gets a "blah" and the game ends?  In other words, is this a metaphor for LIFE?   Is there a cartel of game-makers getting drunk over the power they have over playing people?  I quit.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 9 of 66
Thank you; thank you; thank you. I'm so happy to finally find someone who plays for the joy of playing and not just to always win!
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 10 of 66

My advice is pay no attention to the 'high scores'. If you enjoy playing that is all you need. I play 9 ball pool off and on and can score over 100,000 without cheating. I have scored in the mid 140,000's with some 'help' but anyone can do that with no skill. There are some who feel the need to get on daily and get high score for the day, week, and month. I mostly spend free time now with solitaire. My high score is 1140+/-. Looks like normal high scores are 1250+/-. I am not as fast as some so that may explain. Again, if you enjoy playing any game and you play to the best of your ability what more can you ask for. Enjoy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.