Periodic Contributor

HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

I was just wondering if anyone is interested in a tips thread?

For example, I always wondered if there was a way to sink a golf ball in one shot in the clown's face part of the MINIATURE GOLF game.  Ha!  I think my highest score was 69, certain holes defeated me.

I'll start, since I'm currently holduing the high score in the 9 BALL game.  My tips:

1. Hit and/or sink as many balls as possible in each shot.
  2. Don't play it like regular 9 ball, sinking the 9 early hurts your score.
  3. You have to play all 5 games to get a score over 100, and that does mean risk, and deliberately losing some games at the end, in order to play all 5 games in the series.  For example, just pocket the cue ball when only the 9 is left.
  4. Hit hard for many shots, unless you are in danger of losing the entire 5-game series *(not just that particular one.)   You get a higher score if 5 balls are hit, even if you only sink one ball.  Also, of course you can also get lucky and sink more that way.
  5. If you don't sink at least two balls on the first shot of the first game, start over.
  6. I like to aim at the one and 4, be careful not to hit the 2 in your opening shot.  Line up from the side, on the line to do this.
  7. Using English on the cue ball is very impoertant in this game for your leave and multiple balls sinking in one shot.  If you aren't used to it, just practice during bad games.
  8. The computer is very good at long soft shots, and also rail shots, try not to leave the computer those shots.  It's not as good at bank shots or with balls that have nearly sunk and are almost in the hole.
  9. Go ahead and foul, it's better to sink a ball that isn't the ball you are supposed to hit than not.  Only, of course, if you have NO shot on the correct ball, you get the same score anyway for pocketing any ball, you just won't get the next shot and the computer will have ball in hand.

Hope others chime on here, with non-cheating ways to score high.  The Backgammon high scores seem to be cheats, so not interested in those, but the new Scrabble clone, miniature golf, and other games will be interesting.

Oh, my high 8 BALL score was traditional good pool playing along with trying for as many combination shots as possible, no other tricks there really, it's very different than the 9 BALL game as far as scoring and strategy, for that one?  Just play good pool and run the table.

Contributor

Thank you; thank you; thank you. I'm so happy to finally find someone who plays for the joy of playing and not just to always win!
Periodic Contributor

Every once in a while I pause the game to plan a future word. Other than that I suggest that you learn a whole bunch of useless words!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I wish I did.  That is a very addictive game but never lets me get a high score before it starts jumping all  over the screen.  I put on words that I know for a facr exist, and the darnmed game come up weird words.  Is anyone else having this problem?  To AARP:  Find a  new gaming company.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I know no one has posted anything in a few months and I don’t have an answer for this but actually another question instead.  My question is how do these people get such high scores on games like mahjong dimensions, dark dimensions, or alu’s Revenge?  My tablet or desktop computer doesn’t even go fast enough to get anything even close and even if it could keep up, my hands could never go fast enough either.  Is there some kind of cheat their using?  If so that really sucks for the rest of us.

Regular Contributor

Yes! AARP's gurus "fix" for some reason that I have yet to figure out...Example of my Backgammon scores....I can be ahead by monster points against an opponent, suddenly, they start getting big doubles, large rolls that jump over me & I have the majority pips in my home, suddenly after all of that work, it's flushed because my opponent gets 3, 4 doubles in a row!!! Mt points end up being a 3 point winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got any other ideas????????????

0 Kudos
Contributor

It is good to know others have a concern regarding scores.  It seems to be a problem with all the games.  I am not in competion with anyone but myself, but the scores of others are posted and I just don't see how many of those are possible.

Periodic Contributor

Ditto!!!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Me too. I just want to play my best game of BRIDGE, but run into partners that jump from 3 to 6 on nothing. I even had a grand slam and won a lot of hands, but still got in the 5000's. How are these people getting over 30,000?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I agree.  How do these high scorers get around the dumb computer bids and plays?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I cannot believe the scores on some of these games.  They seem too good to be real.  Is cheating going on?  It is hard to believe that people are actually being dishonest over a simple game.

0 Kudos
Contributor

to @Bevs20,  Like ur detail on playing pool!  I have been playing for sometime,  cant move any faster to get above 25000 on any of games.  Have not figured it out yet.  help!!!   Mah... Deminsion,  to be specific

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

I was pretty specific in the first post.

If you have a great game going and the page suddenly burps and wants to start over, hit the refresh page thing fast, then go back and continue the game.

That's one more tip I wish I realized before. 

You can also use that "tip" to cheat, but cheating kind of spoils the game for me.  Basically, if you make a bad shot, losing that 5000 point bonus for a perfect game?  You CAN hit refresh as long as the ball is still moving, and then load game and "continue" in order to try the shot again. 

If you do this often enough it would be possible to have a "perfect" game, but it's not much of a game if you have to cheat to play good pool.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png