From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 1 of 31

I totally agree with everything you said.  So the only thing we can do is play for fun, try to get better but don't make that your priority.  Just play for fun, and have a life outside playing games.  I'm sure the people that play these games and have cheat codes don't have much of life other than that.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 31

I am a senior, 77 yrs of age. My favorite games are Mah Jongg Candy and Toy Box. I don't feel that these new games are geared for people of my age.  I see high scores posted and wonder if these people are really seniors. Also, some games have too many shuffles (frustrating) and a person needs to be a speed demon to finish the games. I used to get higher scores with the old games. Now I'm lucky to get into the hundreds. Anyone feel the same?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 3 of 31

Every once in a while I pause the game to plan a future word. Other than that I suggest that you learn a whole bunch of useless words!

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 31
Me too. I just want to play my best game of BRIDGE, but run into partners that jump from 3 to 6 on nothing. I even had a grand slam and won a lot of hands, but still got in the 5000's. How are these people getting over 30,000?
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 31

Where are people getting such high scores in the BRIDGE game.  For several days the high scores were in the 5000-7000 range with an occational above this.  Now we are back to 35,740 by TnC956907.  The high scores are often higher than this for days,  How are they getting that high of a score?  Grand Slams galore?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 31

I cannot believe the scores on some of these games.  They seem too good to be real.  Is cheating going on?  It is hard to believe that people are actually being dishonest over a simple game.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 31

It is good to know others have a concern regarding scores.  It seems to be a problem with all the games.  I am not in competion with anyone but myself, but the scores of others are posted and I just don't see how many of those are possible.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 31

I wish I did.  That is a very addictive game but never lets me get a high score before it starts jumping all  over the screen.  I put on words that I know for a facr exist, and the darnmed game come up weird words.  Is anyone else having this problem?  To AARP:  Find a  new gaming company.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 31

You MUST be logged on to record scores...you can play without being logged on but that feature (recording scores and entry onto the leaderboard) will not function unless you are logged on..

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Bridge Scoring

Message 10 of 31

I think a better way of scoring the results of a bridge game would be to report the DIFFERENCE between your score and the computer's score, rather than your score alone.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season