Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 1 of 20

Does anyone have tips for Word Wipe?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 2 of 20

Yes, more than once I played jigsaw and then noticed that I wasn’t signed in!  Sometimes I could sign in afterwards and my score would show.  Haven’t had this problem since the latest update, so I can’t say how it works now. 

My tip was to finish the jigsaw before the high score list refresh, which for me was at 11pm.  Then at 11, I hit Continue and sometimes I would be the only one on the list, making me #1. It was fun to do that.  

But now something has changed.  The list has a bunch of high scores even right after 11pm, and besides that, no new scores show up in twenty minutes or more!  I would know more if I could score higher, so mine should show up, and whether it does.  

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

not posssible, for  sure! 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20
Be sure you log in if you want your score to show up.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

Thanks for this answer. Playing "Outspell", I'm a pretty good player without any aids, and was wondering about those ultra-high scores. Now I know how it happens.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

I was pretty specific in the first post.

If you have a great game going and the page suddenly burps and wants to start over, hit the refresh page thing fast, then go back and continue the game.

That's one more tip I wish I realized before. 

You can also use that "tip" to cheat, but cheating kind of spoils the game for me.  Basically, if you make a bad shot, losing that 5000 point bonus for a perfect game?  You CAN hit refresh as long as the ball is still moving, and then load game and "continue" in order to try the shot again. 

If you do this often enough it would be possible to have a "perfect" game, but it's not much of a game if you have to cheat to play good pool.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

to @Bevs20,  Like ur detail on playing pool!  I have been playing for sometime,  cant move any faster to get above 25000 on any of games.  Have not figured it out yet.  help!!!   Mah... Deminsion,  to be specific

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

If you don't sink at least one ball with break shot quit game and start over. If you miss a shot after break so you won't run the table quit and start over (you just lost 5000 points). When you quit and play again computer will ask if you want to continue game in progress. Hit NO. Try to win the first 2 games and run the table except for the 9 ball on third game so your score at that point is over 70,000. Always line up your shot and use english to place que ball at end of shot, this takes practice. Don't use full power when shooting. You will notice the computer uses just enough power to sink the target ball. I figured out the disappearing 9 ball problem. As soon as the 9 ball disappears from the table quit the game. When you hit the 'play again' the computer will ask if you want to continue with game in progress hit yes. The 9 ball will be back on the table. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

People are getting the unbelievable high scores on Backgammon the same way others are getting unbelievable high scores playing other games. They're downloading a program that aids them to cheat. They have such big egos that they get their kicks out of keeping honest players from reaching the leader board. Personally, I think only AARP Members should be able to play the games provided.

As for me, I get my kicks out of surpassing my own personal score.

bam1954
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

hacking/cheating

In  OUTSPELL, for example, probably something like making all letters worth 10 points, and all words triple scored, or turning all tiles into blank tiles for the player.

Kudos
Views