Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 11 of 26

Thanks for this answer. Playing "Outspell", I'm a pretty good player without any aids, and was wondering about those ultra-high scores. Now I know how it happens.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 12 of 26

I was pretty specific in the first post.

If you have a great game going and the page suddenly burps and wants to start over, hit the refresh page thing fast, then go back and continue the game.

That's one more tip I wish I realized before. 

You can also use that "tip" to cheat, but cheating kind of spoils the game for me.  Basically, if you make a bad shot, losing that 5000 point bonus for a perfect game?  You CAN hit refresh as long as the ball is still moving, and then load game and "continue" in order to try the shot again. 

If you do this often enough it would be possible to have a "perfect" game, but it's not much of a game if you have to cheat to play good pool.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 13 of 26

to @Bevs20,  Like ur detail on playing pool!  I have been playing for sometime,  cant move any faster to get above 25000 on any of games.  Have not figured it out yet.  help!!!   Mah... Deminsion,  to be specific

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 26

If you don't sink at least one ball with break shot quit game and start over. If you miss a shot after break so you won't run the table quit and start over (you just lost 5000 points). When you quit and play again computer will ask if you want to continue game in progress. Hit NO. Try to win the first 2 games and run the table except for the 9 ball on third game so your score at that point is over 70,000. Always line up your shot and use english to place que ball at end of shot, this takes practice. Don't use full power when shooting. You will notice the computer uses just enough power to sink the target ball. I figured out the disappearing 9 ball problem. As soon as the 9 ball disappears from the table quit the game. When you hit the 'play again' the computer will ask if you want to continue with game in progress hit yes. The 9 ball will be back on the table. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 26

People are getting the unbelievable high scores on Backgammon the same way others are getting unbelievable high scores playing other games. They're downloading a program that aids them to cheat. They have such big egos that they get their kicks out of keeping honest players from reaching the leader board. Personally, I think only AARP Members should be able to play the games provided.

As for me, I get my kicks out of surpassing my own personal score.

bam1954
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 26

hacking/cheating

In  OUTSPELL, for example, probably something like making all letters worth 10 points, and all words triple scored, or turning all tiles into blank tiles for the player.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 26

How are people getting such high scores in Backgammon? It's unreal. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 26

I love the AARP games.  I would like to be on the wall for high scores.  It seems like when I win a game it doesn't record my score.  Also some games i play to register played for example cross word and word find.  Any suggestions.  Thank You

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 26

I don't have any tips to share, but I would like for others to comment if they are having any luck playing the Age of Alchemy Mahjongg game.  I keep trying, thinking the developer will update the game so it won't be so slow to respond.  However, there has been no improvement yet.  Sometimes I must click both of the matching objects two times (for a total of 6 clicks) to get the match to "take".  I am a patient person, but "this is enough", as my late mother would say, "to make a preacher cuss." 

I tried the same game on another web site, and the game was just as klunky there so it is not AARP's fault.  I play using my laptop with Windows 10, a wireless mouse, and my Edge browser.            What results do others have playing with a touch screen or mouse pad, or on a mobile device, or using a different browser? 

I wish we had a good version of the Momjongg game that was discontinued.  It was my favorite.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 26

When playing Nintendo Transformer Wars with your grandkids, alternate thumbs on the trigger device and you will be able to win!

Kudos
Views