Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 11 of 20

How are people getting such high scores in Backgammon? It's unreal. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 20

I love the AARP games.  I would like to be on the wall for high scores.  It seems like when I win a game it doesn't record my score.  Also some games i play to register played for example cross word and word find.  Any suggestions.  Thank You

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 20

I don't have any tips to share, but I would like for others to comment if they are having any luck playing the Age of Alchemy Mahjongg game.  I keep trying, thinking the developer will update the game so it won't be so slow to respond.  However, there has been no improvement yet.  Sometimes I must click both of the matching objects two times (for a total of 6 clicks) to get the match to "take".  I am a patient person, but "this is enough", as my late mother would say, "to make a preacher cuss." 

I tried the same game on another web site, and the game was just as klunky there so it is not AARP's fault.  I play using my laptop with Windows 10, a wireless mouse, and my Edge browser.            What results do others have playing with a touch screen or mouse pad, or on a mobile device, or using a different browser? 

I wish we had a good version of the Momjongg game that was discontinued.  It was my favorite.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 20

When playing Nintendo Transformer Wars with your grandkids, alternate thumbs on the trigger device and you will be able to win!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 20

i like this i think it's better

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 20

Great topic, @Bevs20. Thanks for your contribution to the AARP Online Community! 

Does anyone else have a tip or trick they'd like to share today?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 20

Odd to see so many views but no comments.

Anyway, I wish they'd fix the disappearing 9 ball on an end scratch.

Anyone have any tips at all on other games?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 20

Tips for ANY of the games are welcome here in case I didn't make that very clear.  Heart

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tips for Scoring high on AARP GAMES

Message 19 of 20
Also, when breaking from the right, I always use high left English, or visa vera.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

HIGH SCORE TIPS on AARP GAMES

Message 20 of 20

I was just wondering if anyone is interested in a tips thread?

For example, I always wondered if there was a way to sink a golf ball in one shot in the clown's face part of the MINIATURE GOLF game.  Ha!  I think my highest score was 69, certain holes defeated me.

I'll start, since I'm currently holduing the high score in the 9 BALL game.  My tips:

1. Hit and/or sink as many balls as possible in each shot.
  2. Don't play it like regular 9 ball, sinking the 9 early hurts your score.
  3. You have to play all 5 games to get a score over 100, and that does mean risk, and deliberately losing some games at the end, in order to play all 5 games in the series.  For example, just pocket the cue ball when only the 9 is left.
  4. Hit hard for many shots, unless you are in danger of losing the entire 5-game series *(not just that particular one.)   You get a higher score if 5 balls are hit, even if you only sink one ball.  Also, of course you can also get lucky and sink more that way.
  5. If you don't sink at least two balls on the first shot of the first game, start over.
  6. I like to aim at the one and 4, be careful not to hit the 2 in your opening shot.  Line up from the side, on the line to do this.
  7. Using English on the cue ball is very impoertant in this game for your leave and multiple balls sinking in one shot.  If you aren't used to it, just practice during bad games.
  8. The computer is very good at long soft shots, and also rail shots, try not to leave the computer those shots.  It's not as good at bank shots or with balls that have nearly sunk and are almost in the hole.
  9. Go ahead and foul, it's better to sink a ball that isn't the ball you are supposed to hit than not.  Only, of course, if you have NO shot on the correct ball, you get the same score anyway for pocketing any ball, you just won't get the next shot and the computer will have ball in hand.

Hope others chime on here, with non-cheating ways to score high.  The Backgammon high scores seem to be cheats, so not interested in those, but the new Scrabble clone, miniature golf, and other games will be interesting.

Oh, my high 8 BALL score was traditional good pool playing along with trying for as many combination shots as possible, no other tricks there really, it's very different than the 9 BALL game as far as scoring and strategy, for that one?  Just play good pool and run the table.

Kudos
Views
Replies