Contributor

Getting past 1 M on Lumeno

Could those of you who are getting to 2 M or 3 M on Lumeno please give some strategy points? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

Did you get any good answers?

0 Kudos
Contributor

No, I've gotten no answers, unfortunately. Frustrating to be stuck at 1M! Seems like the program changes around then to provide less opportunities to get more moves...

0 Kudos
Contributor

just plain luck

0 Kudos
Contributor

How far have you gotten? There is some strategy involved because if you play one game just using the glowing suggestions, then one game random, then one game maximizing the use of arrows, glow balls, and #s of dots, that 3rd way yields the most points, but I still think there may be an additional strategy that I'm missing because I can't surpass 1M, whereas I see folks achieving 2-3M...thanks!

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I routinely score between 2M-3M. Play to leave as many boosts and arrows on the board as possible after each move regardless if it produces the highest score reduction. You must maintain the ability to have good moves for the next turn so don't wipe out the board even if you can. Continue to choose long ball chains over point reduction moves because it will produces more boosts and flowers for future moves. Look at the board carefully when eliminating balls to make sure your next move is set up for a good play. Always try to choose at least four ball chains at a minimum because this guarantees at least one additional flower or boost next move. You can keep your finger on the mouse to see the point reduction before releasing the play and then back up and try another combination so that way try multiple moves before deciding which one will produce the most advantageous score. I find after a chain of seven balls you get two additional boosts or arrows and after a chain of 17 you get an additional 4 or 5 per move. Good luck and keep trying. I'm still trying to bread 3M but haven't been able to yet. I wish someone could tell me how to find out what the highest recorded score is because no goggle search I have tried has given me an answer..

Kudos
Views
Contributor

Thank you so much, Stephen! This is helpful!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The problem I have is running  out of moves.   I pass through a flower with a number and think I'll get more moves but I usually don't.  It's not clear.   

So how do you insure that you keep getting more moves?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Every time you reduce the number in the flower to zero you get 5 more moves added to your remaining total The number in the flower reduces by the number of balls you eliminate each turn that strikes the number flower. Some turns you won't be able to strike the number flower so use that turn to get problem balls out of the way for your next turn. When you get down to zero the number in the flower increases by 5 when it returns making it more difficult to reduce back to zero the next time. Remember its not just passing through the flower you can use as strategy to reduce the number but also shooting and arrow boost through the flower as well. Also remember when you make a string of balls that include a boost and/or arrow it is the position of the last ball in the string that determines what will be blown up or what the arrow will eliminate in the row it strikes. How quickly the number in the flower reduces down to zero depends on how many balls are eliminated each turn you make that blows up a flower or shoots and arrow through the number flower. Many times I use a turn not to reduce the number in the flower but to make a really long string of balls thus gaining extra boosts and arrows for my next turn. The boosts will blow up nine balls each time taking out three columns of three unless the boost is against the side of the board and then only six balls will be eliminated. If you can make a move to reduce the flower number to zero don't waste extra boosts or arrows unnecessarily that weren't needed but rather leave them on the board so they can be used on one of the next several moves when the flower number reestablishes. Sometimes you can use an arrow of one color to strike a boost of another color that is next to the flower with the number you are trying to reduce to zero thus having more options to win extra moves. You gain 5 moves each time you reduce the flower number to zero so if you only use 5 turns to do this you will never run out of moves because you use 5 to get 5 back. However each time the number in the flower gets larger so it becomes increasingly more difficult to only use up five turns and thus the game ends. Good luck and I hope this has helped.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you Stephen for being so detailed!  This really helps a whole bunch.

I'm still trying to decipher the different special "dots".

- I can see the special numbered dots and how they work.  Also the "arrows"  - until now I didn't see them as such but they do have "pointers" that now sort of look like arrows.

-- I don't fully understand the boosts.  I suppose these are the ones that have a ring of little  arrows inside and have a corona of sorts around them.   But how to use them?  Sometimes it makes sense and other times not.    I think experimenting will help.

Thanks  very much.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Its important to remember the last position of the chain of balls you have moved through will determine what will get eliminated from the board. Whatever type of boosts you have collected in this chain will then execute from the location of the final ball so the arrow boosts and the flower boosts will eliminate whatever they are pointing at. If they happen to point at other arrow and flower boosts even if they are a different color those boosts will also hit whatever they are pointing at as well. Depending on how many boosts are on the board during your move if you strike enough of them it is possible to eradicate almost the entire board with one turn. But the number inside the flower you are trying to reduce to zero to earn five more moves only gets smaller if you strike it during your move. Just because your move eliminates a lot of balls from the board does not mean the number in the flower will get smaller. The more balls you can wipe of the board during your move does increase the score but the challenge of this game is to combine running up the score but also earning extra moves by getting the number in the flower down to zero.

Of the two types of boosts the flower shaped one will wipe out nine balls each time it is hit. Three balls to the left of center, three balls to the right of center and the ball above and below the center as well as the center flower itself. The arrow boosts are either vertical or horizontal and they will eliminate the entire row they point at. If they strike other boosts in the rows they are pointing at even if those boosts are a different color they will also eliminate whatever they are pointing at as well. So a flower boosts next to a flower boost next to an arrow boost and so on and so on can all be destroyed in a single move.

To earn new boosts during a move the ball chain must be at least four balls long to earn another boost so if only three balls are connected no new boosts are added to the board. For a chain of seven balls you earn two new boosts and for a chain of 13 or more balls you can gain an additional three or four boosts and so on for chains that are even longer.

. Also the score increases by the number of balls cleared by 50 points each plus 10 points for each ball over 3. So four balls cleared is 200 points plus 10 for a total of 210. Six balls cleared is 300 points plus 10+20+30 for a total of 360. The most important weapon to increase your score is the multiplier which changes by 1 each time you reduce the number in the flower down to zero and gain five more moves. So in the examples I just gave you if the multiplier is up to ten the four ball chain will now be scored as 2,100 rather than 210. The six ball chain will now be scored as 3,600 rather than 360. But the best part is any ball removed by a boost that you move strikes is also included in the scoring just as if it were part of your chain.

Sorry to be so long winded but these were things it took me awhile to understand so I hope it will speed up your learning curve and provide more fun playing the game.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, Stephen. That was most helpful.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you bunches for being long winded!  This does explain a lot.

I still have too figure out how to keep getting more moves.   Usually, there are just no moves or ways to get more on my board.  But your explanation will likely help a whole bunch!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

If you find there are no good moves visible then its best to eliminate balls under the number flower to position it in a different place the following turn which usually results in a better play next time. Also keep creating the longest chains possible because that creates the most new arrow and flower helpers. I have found that the longer the chains eliminated the more same color balls are returned to the board which makes it easier to then construct another long chain. I just finished my first ever score above 3 million at 3,144,440 and found once my multiplier was above 20 the longer chains really helped increase the score and to reduce the number flower to zero thus gaining another 5 turns. Good luck and have fun.