Periodic Contributor

Games not loading

I can't get the games, specifically Solitaire, to load. Is it me or is it the site issue?

12/13/2020, Haven't been able to load games for three days.  Anyone else having this problem?

Contributor

Hi--I'm having the same problem--I was looking for a topic--the last 2 weeks, I've had horrible loading and slow or freezing.  Got a new modem from Spectrum--nothing's changed.  Anything timed--it's a waste to play.  I can't even load up or find how to see the other 23 replies to this post.  Even arkadium's own site--which I preferred--is slowing and freezing.  It's only been about the last 2 weeks and Spectrum SWEARS it's not the heat.

Help too!

Contributor

Is there trouble with the games site? It tells me to reload and then does nothing. I miss playing my games.

Kudos
Views

2/24/20 games not loading today. What's the fix?

Contributor

Still not loading here.  But commercial is running, thanks

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, everyone, I'm sorry for the interruption to game play. I'm seeing several discussions on the topic this morning and have reported the issues to product. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Games not loading today 11-02-2020

Periodic Contributor

I thought it was my computer. Reassuring to know others having the same problem. Have tried refreshing and it looks like it's going to load, but it doesn't.

Jill Wing
Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Glad to see the games working again.   Thanks aarpLynne!  and to the tech crew who fixed the problem!

0 Kudos

I am a paid member of AARP.  For the last three days, I have not been able to get a SINGLE GAME to load!  I note that the ADS have been able to load with no problem.

Please fix or tell me what I need to do to fix this problem.  I note that I am not the only one experiencing this difficulty.

Thank you.

MElisabeth Bergeron, Long Island

Contributor

not loading here today 11/22/19

Regular Contributor

Won't load again today.  Just a white box.

Something I noticed yesterday...there is another site that uses the same games, and more than half of their games were not available at the same time that games here wouldn't work.  Games were fixed here, and when I checked the other site they were working again also.  So, I just checked over there after finding AARP games wouldn't load, and sure enough, there are problems over there again today also.

I highly recommend just waiting without playing with your internet/computer settings.  When you see others across the country having the same issues, it is not YOU.

Contributor

Same problem here. Tried Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Blank screen on all games. Its either AARP or Arkadium's problem not the end users problem as someone suggested.
Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

They do have a problem. I do the daily crossword and the word search every morning. Today when you hit PLAY NOW  all that comes up is a blank box with the scores underneath. I also do Mahjong Solitaire and am getting the same thing there.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to say   the games are not loading for me again today---they worked fine yesterday after they came back "on"  Tried using Edge as well as Chrome on my desktop with Windows

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I tried the games a few hours ago and still they wouldn't work.  I just tried again and everything is working fine.  And that is without doing anything to the computer, internet, or whatever.  Hope they are working for all of you who were having issues.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic, @bonniesz50@honeybee2u, thanks for letting me know!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Problem resolved for me too------thanks aarp!

0 Kudos
Contributor

please repair games.  I am not able to play games.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just got them to load again by turning off my ad blocker. Guess I'll have to put up with ads in order to play the games.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I can't get any of the Mahjongg games to load. I usually play every night and I haven't changed any settings on my computer, so don't think the problem is on my end. (I tried reloading/re-signing into the site)

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I hate to ask again, but to find the problem and fix, what internet browser(s) have you  had this problem with (I can play with Chrome and Edge).

What operating system is the computer (Windows, iOs)?

Everyone, please think of any issue YOU have with AARP games as you would your car or hvac; would you  call a car repair shop and say "I unlocked the door and nothing happened"?

Would you call the hvac company and say "it's set at 79 and it's 86"...

Just saying, these games are free with the exception of "Members Only"; why complain and continue to blame without knowing...

AARP and their partner game-provider Arkadium have responded to issues as quickly as possible WHEN IT IS THEIR ISSUE.

They cannot control other software publishers' updates that impact the games! 

#VegasStrong

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Games are not loading for me either-----on Chrome AND and on Edge browsers --- and  windows operating system on my desktop computer.   In fact the starting page that shows all the games are just colored boxes    not the pic of the game itself.    It worked fine last night before bed.   All other sites work for me...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

OK   now I get the games on Edge-----but it has taken me back to the beginning of the game   not to the level I had been on --on Jungle Land---well    at least I can play on Edge   but I prefer using Chrome.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I cannot get anything to load either, specifically, Canfield Solitaire.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

I can't get anything to load either, specifically Word Wipe. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle