Contributor

Fake High Scores

Yet again, a game I have been enjoying has been infiltrated by someone with a high score that is impossible to achieve.  I've been playing Pyramid Solataire and someone just scored 35,000 plus points, which is impossible.  For those of us who have been legally playing the game, it's a challenge to be in the Top Ten. But with these "fake" players infiltrating the game, that joy is lost.  I do not understand why the game administrators can't block unreliable scores.  

Super Contributor

I think Arcadium is having more fun laughing at us than we are having playing the games !  They have the games programmed. And for all we know, it's the programmers that are getting those high scores !!  

Contributor

Today 11,340 on Spider Solitaire.  Impossible.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

A million in Free Cell Solitaire! Come on! Delete the fake stuff.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

tommye47
24,265 in backgammon. How?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor

OK, if they are not fake scores, then how do I increase my mine? I read some article online, but already do everything that the author suggested.  I thought we are supposed to play these games to improve our brains, so I really don't care what other people's scores are; I just want to see my average increase over time. (I am happy to see that the 900,000 score is no longer on the board!)

I still believe that it is possible to fake a score.  If hackers can hack banks and credit report companies, etc., Surely they can hack AARP too.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Thanks for posting these comments, folks . I've been playing 10x10 for about a month now and have been feeling pretty dumb.  I feel better now.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have looked at these "high scores" and it makes my head hurt. If they have the same amount of time I do, it is impossible to get these scores. I think it's ridiculous to put a time limit of a mere few minutes on each game. If this is a site for "retired people" wouldn't retired people be further handicapped by a limit? I'm just not that dang fast, and have vision issues! These games aren't made for or made by retired people.

Contributor

Toy Chest again today -These games have gone totally downhill since Arcadium took over!

Periodic Contributor

Today it's Majong Toy Chest.  widowedbride scored a 4M with the highest score so far being but 21,000.  Why must players cheat?  It is so easy to cheat but far more difficult and honorable to play without cheating.  As someone else stated, these players should be permanently denied access to all games.

Contributor

How does anyone cheat in these games:  Also I have alot of trouble connecting with the community forum because the access flashes on my screen quickly and boom its gone.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I used to enjoy playing AARP games; however, because of the cheaters that are monoploizing the Leader Boards by cheating, I have gone to another site.  It is obvious that whoever monitors the posts pertaining to the rediculous high scores isn't doing anything to stop it. Too bad. 

bam1954
Regular Contributor

One day someone had 2 different scores posted for Classic Solitaire. The only way someone can get the highest scores on a daily basis is using a gameing app to do it for them. 

Periodic Contributor

It's very annoying and quite pointless to have those impossible scores. I already got in touch with Arcadium yesterday about classic solitaire. They are responsive and said that the high scores are legitimate. It is unrealistic to humanly move the cards as fast as lightening on a computer in order to get scores like that, every day the same ones.
Kudos
Views
Contributor

The same people win all the time. Maybe they have touch screens and aren't slowed down using a mouse.

0 Kudos

My wife and I just started playing Scramble and were amazed at the scores on the leaderboard. That's when we discovered this thread and learned that cheating is a common problem on many of the games. If the game administrators cannot control this problem, I would suggest that they remove the leader boards entirely. 

Contributor

I agree get rid of the leaderboards and that will kill the incentive to cheat. I polay to enjoy the game but it is aggravating to see people obviously cheat. 

Contributor

FIVE ROLL HAS ISSUE OF HIGH SCORE TOO 23, 300 WHICH IS IMPOSSIBE

Kudos
Views
Periodic Contributor

it would be nice if all games showed what the highest score possible is.  that would give all players an honest goal to shoot for.  

Contributor

Same thing with black jack.   i consider the #2 the #1 position.  RJM1u1s1i1c is like 35,000,000,000 score is #1 which we all know that person did not play the game.  I say kick that person off!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

AARP Games. It's time to listen to your Senior players. The saying " If it's not broken, don't fix it". Playing Mahjogg Candy is now raising my blood pressure. Has become a ridiculously frustrating game to play now. Who is programming the new games? They certainly are not geared to Seniors. Please fix, because now they are broken.

Periodic Contributor

Recind Becky444 and FunGuy5 from playing Mahjongg Candy... they are botts or hackers......

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Yes, that Funguy5 eats a whole box of candy in less than 5 minutes, me thinks.😃  And, today Becky444 got a score of over 388 thousand !!!  Phooey.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Agreed! I felt inferior until I read these responses. Those scores are impossible and intimidating! I’m now looking for another site to. play 

Regular Contributor

Of course, I can't say if the high scores are fake, but I take offense thinking that the people getting high scores can't be senior players. I have become frustrated playing the Mahjongg Candy game because I either I have to shuffle repeatedly, and then, It ends too soon. The game was a lot more entertaining before it was changed. Time to get back to senior level eye to brain speed.

Contributor

On the subjest of Toy Chest game, if I play 10 games, out of the 10 games 9 will end too soon.  This is so frustrating.  I feel there are other matches when the game ends.  Not very enjoyable!!!!

Regular Contributor

Please post when you find another sight. MSN have good games without these problems here.
Periodic Contributor

This must be what is also happening on Backgammon too.... high scores of 700, 800 +.   Cheats

Regular Contributor

Wrong! First of all, how would any one be able to cheat playing these games? Secondly, why would they? That said, I scored over 800 playing backgammon today and had scored 723 before that. I figured out rather quickly that it has a programming flaw, where it will knock off your pieces whenever it can. I could go on about how to use that to your advantage, but will let you figure it out. It takes, time, patience, and frankly, a lot of luck! 

Regular Contributor

"Time, patience and a lot of luck".......Hardly. The 2 same screen names appear at the top of the leaderboard every single day on Classic Solitaire.  That takes more than time, patience and luck. How can anyone cheat? By using gaming apps. There are videos on YouTube showing how to cheap at online solitaire.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png