Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fake High Scores

Message 1 of 39
I don't know about Solitaire, but in backgammon you can get 800 or more, with time, patience and luck.
It's extremely silly to cheat playing a silly game, for all that so-called 'glory', LOL.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

"Time, patience and a lot of luck".......Hardly. The 2 same screen names appear at the top of the leaderboard every single day on Classic Solitaire.  That takes more than time, patience and luck. How can anyone cheat? By using gaming apps. There are videos on YouTube showing how to cheap at online solitaire.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 39

A million in Free Cell Solitaire! Come on! Delete the fake stuff.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39

I agree get rid of the leaderboards and that will kill the incentive to cheat. I polay to enjoy the game but it is aggravating to see people obviously cheat. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39
tommye47
24,265 in backgammon. How?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

OK, if they are not fake scores, then how do I increase my mine? I read some article online, but already do everything that the author suggested.  I thought we are supposed to play these games to improve our brains, so I really don't care what other people's scores are; I just want to see my average increase over time. (I am happy to see that the 900,000 score is no longer on the board!)

I still believe that it is possible to fake a score.  If hackers can hack banks and credit report companies, etc., Surely they can hack AARP too.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

no offense intended, but as the youngens say now "Bye Gurl", or something like that...

It's what some of us have believed all along: if AARP provides free games, who can "cast the first stone", or something like that...

Coming up on my 20th anniversary with AARP in a few months; I will only complain if they become classist/elitist, partisan, racist, sexist or unhumanitarian. 

To complain about FREE features (e.g., games including "members only" ) is just nonsensical. Let us know about your complaints responses on sites you have to pay for, please?

Enjoy your new adventures in online gaming!

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39
i'am ready to find another sight to play, if aarp can't find a way to fix it the cheating. bye aarp
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

for gw5869 Info Seeker:  NOT wrong.....I already recognized the "flaws" but it's only a game and everyone should get that fair chance..maybe you should educate everyone at AARP.....I work full time so I don't have the time to play games all day. And yes if I did I WOULD get extreme scores. But thanks for your interest in my comment anyway. Have a blessed day.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39

Wrong! First of all, how would any one be able to cheat playing these games? Secondly, why would they? That said, I scored over 800 playing backgammon today and had scored 723 before that. I figured out rather quickly that it has a programming flaw, where it will knock off your pieces whenever it can. I could go on about how to use that to your advantage, but will let you figure it out. It takes, time, patience, and frankly, a lot of luck! 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season