Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 2: Do high scores matter?

Message 191 of 196

I don't enjoy the timed games as much either. For me it takes the fun out of it because I just get stressed out!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 192 of 196

Do high scores matter? To me, but only to me. I'm proud of myself when I can break my high score but because they're not particularly impressive to begin with, it's more of a personal challenge to see where I can go. 

I tend to shy away from competition, maybe because I actually AM pretty competitive and it can bring out the not-so-nice in me! When I play Trivia Pursuit with my family I have an unfortunate tendency to gloat, I blush to admit. But it's also all in fun. I'm certainly not competitive enough to enter an actual competition (nor am I good enough at most games to try). The one time I played trivia with people outside of friends and family, on a cruise, I found it was less fun because I didn't know the people I was competing against, so it didn't feel as fun as it is with just my family..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 193 of 196

I am definitely not a competitive person.  Although, it has discouraged me to see such high scores on the leader board when mine is so low.  I wonder what it is that I have not figured out. When I first started playing 10x10, I spent weeks and weeks trying to figure out a strategy for higher scoring.  But, I eventually gave up on high scores and simply play to relax in the evenings before bedtime.

Now that I've discovered Word Wipe - I still have low scores.  I just tell myself I'm not a complete moron and enjoy the play. It's fun but not as relaxing since it is a timed game.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 194 of 196

If you read my story you know that high scores do not matter to me. I'm amazed at some of them though and wonder how they do it. I tried Tap Zap Boom recently and thought the high scorer on that game must have really good reflexes! I think I have gotten on the board with only 5 Roll.

On another subject yesterday I refrained from playing any games all day. I must admit it was hard and am now wondering how addicted I am to playing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 195 of 196

Hi Gamers!

This week's discussion is all about competitiveness. Are you a competitive gamer or do you just play casually? For me, I don't usually compete with other people as my gaming is fairly solitary. But I do find myself peeking at the AARP leaderboards from time to time just to see how AMAZING some of you are at these games. Some of these high scores just blow me away! 

What about you? Do you try to make the leaderboard or are you just playing for fun? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Do high scores matter? Behind the Leaderboard™ Discussion 2

Message 196 of 196

Over the past several weeks, you've met a few of your fellow gamers through our articles and forum discussions. In our Behind the Leaderboard™ series, Bob J. (@BobJ685852), Delphine R. (@Delreed351), and Barbara M. (@bem1211)  say they play games to challenge themselves, while retiree Mary Louise H. (@mlou58)  just plays for fun.

Are you a casual gamer or a fierce competitor? Do high scores even matter?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors