Regular Contributor

Cheating Backgammon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have contacted the owners of this game & over & over they have said these are scored correctly......Just now, I finished a Backgammon game....I got all of my pucks off while my opponent got NONE. As a matter of fact they only got 1 into their home. The rest were primarily on my side of the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got absolutely NO points for ALL of the points not in their home, not even on their side of the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, can they now tell me that these are the normal scoring for Backgammon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is DEFINITLY a rigged game ...............nothing even close to regulation Backgammon scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can they say it's regulation?!?!?!?!? Maybe someone should send them the Rules of Backgammon book!!!!!!!!!!!! Better yet, maybe they should STOP rigging the game for people who just don't know HOW to play. If they don't like losing, they shouldn't play. If they want to get better at the game, they should LEARN HOW to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I finally searched on the forums and found that I'm not the only one disgusted by this stupid game.  What a NOT FUN version this is.  What finally did it for me was when I'm winning and the computer is loosing badly, it would cheat.  Big time cheat.  Rolling itself doubles at least 3 to 4 times in a row; if I would roll a double at that point, it would be when I was down to the last couple of moves and my score would be significantly lower.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Like others, I found a different game at another site, which I enjoy much more than this version that AARP offers.  Closer to REAL backgammon.  

0 Kudos
Info Seeker

Agree.

And where is the doubling cube?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Aarp backgammon does not support doubling, 247 does but is a pay site
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The key to scoring is where your oponents pieces are when you bear off your last piece, regular score if they have born off even one piece, bonus points if all there pieces are on your side and big bonus pts if you catch them with a piece on the bar when you bear off, wanna see big scores, play on a site that allows doubling --- play long enough and wise enough and you will see big scores
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Members Only Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle