Trusted Social Butterfly

Can't load new games

I can't load some new games such as Flip Out. I miss the old games such as the matching ones. It seems there's too many majjohngs, solitaires and stragegy games. 

Contributor

Ever since the games were revamped. All I get is a blank screen. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. FRUSTRATING!

Contributor

This week when I try to download games on my laptop that is only 2 years old the games do not appear.  Are there some settings I should adjust on my computer?

\

ann brenneman

I don't know what's going on with this "update" that happened with the card games, but I haven't been able to launch the games since it happened, VERY DISAPPOINTING!! Can someone there FIX this???

Periodic Contributor

just did the clear cache as instructed, loaded Google chrome and still cannot get the games of any kind.  Last update was not the best, but it was loads better than this "new and improved" update.  Have same problem with the volunteer portal maintaining changes, constantly changes to incorrect info.

Wish AMAC had games and reliable programming, would cancel AARP membership immediately!!!

Contributor

I have finally been instructed that my device is "too old" (kind of an ironic thing for AARP to say) to be suported by the newonline system (stilll from Arkadium, BTW).  Yes, my device is over 5 years old but it does serve me well and I have the most up-to-date operating system on it.  Seems crazy that I either have to spend money on a new device or not use AARP website to pplay game I have played fr years.  I have found a versiion of my game at free-play-mahjong.com -- maybe they have your game of choice also!  AARP has probably lost me for now!  

Periodic Contributor

My computer is also over 5 yrs.  Finally two days ago I was finally able to download the new games on both my desktop (over 5 yrs) and laptop.  Didn't even have to log into aar.org to play on either computer.  

Thanks to AARP for finally getting their act together on the games.  Now how about the Volunteer Portal...............??

Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great @1yellowrock!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Most of these new games don't work, at least on my Mac using the Firefox brouser. DUH!

Periodic Contributor

Again with a billion score on Blackjack? Clearly, this website has been hacked and the people running it either don't care or are too stupid to take care of the problem. I'm done with you people.

Super Contributor

I agree with you 100 percent! I'm NOT happy with MOST of the new games.
Contributor

This is terrible! I've tried on Chrome and IE and in both cases the page is completely white or after the commercial, a black screen appears and nothing loads. What a disappointment! I've tried clearing the cache-Nothing! Terrible!!!

Contributor

I use to go on the internet and search for a game like "aarp games 10 x 10 and the game would come up.  no longer can do this. also, signed into aarp as i am a member and i still can't get any games.  what's up?

Periodic Contributor

I am only getting a white screen, and on the search line, I'm getting a 404 error message.  What the heck is going on, this has been this way for 2 whole days now.......  I know they said they were going to upgrade, but they forgot to tell us how to get the new upgrade.  Frustrating.

Contributor

I, too, am so frustrated.  Once in a while the game I play will load but then it FREEZES before I can start playing.  AARP, give us a way to go back to the old system or get this right!

Contributor

What a waste! Did AARP pay for this? WHY? If it worked why change it? To see how many people like it enough to comment?

WASTEFUL! STUPID!!!

What is going on with your solitaire games.  I am no longer able to get them .  Sarah

Contributor

Sure the older games sometimes were delayed or messed up, but at least I coud play them. Now I can't even get into the new ones. What gives?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :O(

Periodic Contributor

Polymath Crossword just spins, won't load. This has been a problem since the new games were introduced.

Contributor

The "experts" seem to go out of their way nowadays to mess things up. I wonder how much money AARP has paid to these people to seemingly go out of their way to make simple things complicated and unusable.

Periodic Contributor

I complain constantly since last year. Had no problems originally, then daily crossword wouldn’t load, then outspell, then word wipe. Was told retry a different browser, did so still no solution. Glad my dues are going to a company that doesn’t resolve issues, ( sarcasm). Wonder how much the company receives to monitor and fix glitches?

Periodic Contributor

I am having problems loading new daily crossword puzzle.  Have an iPad Air.  Will get many can’t load messages, and other error messages.  One of the things I see is just spinning when trying to load.  If the red Feedback word is larger, then I know it will load.  When the red Feedback is small while spinning, I know it won’t load.  Takes 10-30 minutes of trying to get one loaded. Once it loads, it works fine. Anyone else having these issues?  I delete my history numerous times, and that does not seem to make a difference. 

Periodic Contributor

Whoever is responsible for the website apparently doesn't give a **bleep** about the usuers of the site, as nothing has been done about the issues reported here. I'll give it another week, then am cancelling my subscription and membership.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @intersan. Thanks for posting here. Just wanted to make sure you know that I've shared with the tech team the issue you're reporting with Flip Out. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you for your response. I also am having problems with other new games.