Contributor

Bridge games

Are there real players other than myself who play in each Bridge game or is it all computer generated? Also, does this Bridge game use Stayman and Transfers?

I don't think there are any conventions followed by these robots.  They open 4 card majors all the time, for instance. Also, is anyone ever vulnerable?  

Carolyn

Periodic Contributor

WHO is playing for our partner?  Do they understand responding to 1NT with their longest and strongest MAJOR suit? 

WHY do they play a trump card on a trick that is already ours?

Why is their bidding so screwed up PERIOD???

WHY do they always go to a GAME bid when we don't have GAME points between us?

HELP - Will someone at AARP GAMES department please consult a GOREN BIDDING WHEEL, at least?

SO SO HAPPY that I found this forum to voice my frustration!!!   

Love and PEACE to all - and stay WELL!!

Mimi Testen

Contributor

I just won a game and the aarp bridge computer gave the win to the opposing robot team.  It’s happened twice today.

AARP needs to straighten out this mess!

Regular Contributor

I know what you mean about the scoring.  I play occasionally for laughs.  Yesterday, I bid a small slam and made 7.  I got no bonus slam points at all and I'm not even sure I got all the trick points I had coming.  Game is more joke than challenge, yet I persist since I can't play in person with anyone until this virus thing clears up.  Ah, well.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @ddh100, in our bridge game each player plays against the computer (i.e., it's not a multiplayer game for us). Thanks for your question!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

PLEASE let one of us program the d--n computer robot to UNDERSTAND the entire concept and simple rules for BRIDGE BIDDING????

You are frustrating a lot of AARP members and MAKING US A LOT OLDER !!

I love bridge and have been in your top 10 many times - also screwed up, because if a bridge player is playing well - they win the rubber long before they rack up "DOUBLEing" points...it's too complicated for your robot to understand.

You are messing with our bridge-playing souls on so many levels!

BEGGING YOU TO CORRECT THE BRIDGE COMPUTER PROGRAMMING!!!

Contributor

cant find real live people playing---just poorly taught robots

Contributor

I agree that the robots are poorly trained and the bidding is often atrocious. I've had my partner respond to my opening bid of 1 of a suit by passing when he/she has an opening hand themselves (very frustrating). Is there anyone at AARP who monitors the games or reads the comments to try to improve them? 

Regular Contributor

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the bidding.  Laughably, my "partner" had an eight card suit with 10 points and never mentioned it over my opening bid. 

Later, I opened one spade, partner replies 1 NT (with 8 points, a void and a singleton) and 6 spades opposite my 5, but passes my second suit with 2 diamonds, leaving me with 6 trumps and an 11 card "off" suit. 

Crazy.  So crazy I'm surprised anyone bothers to play the game.  Bidding seems almost random.  Who programmed this thing?

Yes, the bidding is crazy. I bid one heart...my 'partner' passed. He/she had 14 points and 4 hearts(K,10 and 2 small)!!!

Periodic Contributor

It would be GREAT if AARP could have an APP where we could play REAL bridge against OTHER AARP MEMBERS...

You have great minds there - let's work this out - any takers??

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'd play online with real players if it was offered.  Hope AARP is up to it, since playing in person is difficult right now.

0 Kudos
Contributor

For those frustrated with this game, check out Funbridge. It is free for the first 50 games, then if you like it, you can pay for different options. $20 for 400 deals, or you can pay for unlimited deals. 
I opted for the 400 and it is working out fine. 
you can play with robots or other people. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Contributor

Try Bridge Base Online (BBO) at bridgebase.com. You can play for free with robots or real people.

0 Kudos

This has happened to me several times.  Just tonight my partner passed my opening bid when he had support for my suit and a big  count.  We made 7.   Another deal,  my partner opened 1 Heart.  I went to 4.  He jumped to 7 without the Ace of hearts. Does anyone know where this crazy bidding comes from? 

Contributor

no good bridge playing.  cant find games to play with people

Contributor

I only find robots who play and bid horribly.  I'm trying to find out how to play with people.

0 Kudos