Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Bridge games

Message 1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the bidding.  Laughably, my "partner" had an eight card suit with 10 points and never mentioned it over my opening bid. 

Later, I opened one spade, partner replies 1 NT (with 8 points, a void and a singleton) and 6 spades opposite my 5, but passes my second suit with 2 diamonds, leaving me with 6 trumps and an 11 card "off" suit. 

Crazy.  So crazy I'm surprised anyone bothers to play the game.  Bidding seems almost random.  Who programmed this thing?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Hello @ddh100, in our bridge game each player plays against the computer (i.e., it's not a multiplayer game for us). Thanks for your question!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

no good bridge playing.  cant find games to play with people

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

I agree that the robots are poorly trained and the bidding is often atrocious. I've had my partner respond to my opening bid of 1 of a suit by passing when he/she has an opening hand themselves (very frustrating). Is there anyone at AARP who monitors the games or reads the comments to try to improve them? 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

cant find real live people playing---just poorly taught robots

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

I only find robots who play and bid horribly.  I'm trying to find out how to play with people.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Bridge games

Message 7 of 7

Are there real players other than myself who play in each Bridge game or is it all computer generated? Also, does this Bridge game use Stayman and Transfers?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season