Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Bridge game

Message 11 of 21

It just happened again!  they bit 4spades and they only made 6 tricks.  But we got no points for doubling!.

I'd rather play with real people on line.  These computer players are no good.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

play AARP bridge

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

I have yet to get any points for doubling an opponent who does not make their bid?  The only time I get doubling points is when my opponent doubles and I make my bid.  Weird?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

I aagree that aRe: Bridge game

Message 14 of 21

I agree that the biddind is a farce, It is terrible to have a lot of points and a good suit, and your partner passses you or leaves you when you mention an add'l suit. The only way to score points is by doubling. This is not much of a double either, because you know the opponents don;t have what they are bidding. At least you get to play a lot of 1 bids and get a little practive. Too bad, it can't be better.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

Hi,

The Bridge Game has all the faults mentioned by others but now

can't even logon. What's happened? Oh well, guess I'll have to go

somewhere else. Bye Bye AARP

ray

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Agreed: It's great that you try to make the game look better, but you need to make it play better. As another example, other than the obvious problem that partner won't bid even if he/she has points, why does he/she throw away an ace for no reason? Sometimes I feel as if I'm playing against my partner.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

I had similar only worse the other day.  I had 7 smallish hearts with K and 14 points so I bid 1 heart.  My partner had 16 point and 5 hearts. A, Q, J, 10, 5.  His reply bid was 1 NT.  I was furious with such a stupid reply.  I have had similar bid back numerous times.  The game certainly has bidding problems. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

I agree. it seems the only way you can score over 1500 is to double.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

Bridge Game....Most frustrating...I have 16 high card points and 5S so I bid 1S. Partner has 4S and 12 points and PASES! I make 10 tricks as anyone could. Just as well it's not Duplicate or I'd have been really cross. Ray......

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

No challenge. Seems like its often a 1 bed or the other team goes crazy and bids 6, then easy to beat. Would enjoy seeing all the hands after game is over. Hoping this site makes the games more challenging.

Kudos
Views