Contributor

Bridge game

i HAVE 18 PTS AND 5 HEARTS SO I BID 1 HEART AND MY PARTNER HAS 10 POINTS AND 5 HEARTS AND PASSES  

I SELDOM GET ABOVE A 1 BID.  

ALSO DOESN'T GIVE ENOUGH INFORMATION IN THE END OF THE GAME.  LIKE WHAT OTHERS DO WITH THE SAME HAND, WHAT MADE IT.

LOVE TO PLAY ON LINE   SURE HOPE THIS SITE GETS BETTER

Contributor

I have the same frustration with North (the usual partner).  North also has a bad habit of bidding with a four-card suit, and taking the bid up much too high for North's point count. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please fix the log-in feature when attempting to play bridge or other games on the game website.  It is a nuisance to sign in each time and the cycling feature continues making it impossible to log in.

Thanks,

Mary 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos

If you dont have the bridge game I just signed up with AARP and dont plan on re-instating it soon, I will ask for a refund of my membership money.  I even told a friend of mine to join AARP inorder to play bridge.  I found the game very satisfying. Please respond to me via my email.

0 Kudos
Contributor

hi I didnt know they had bridge here..your p should have answered for sure!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'd like to play bridge on line---works best with people, but I only find bad robots.  I don't think this site is good for anyone over a lowlever beginner

Regular Contributor

robots bid poorly.  If I double once or several times (no REDOUBLE) once, and the bidder does not make his/her bid.  I DO NOT GET ANY POINTS.  They can bid 7 and only take 3 and I get no points, when he failed by 4 and I should get 200 in my Doubling Bonus.  I guess I just have to keep getting my opponents to double me and then make it.  That is the only way I can recieve extra points in that catagory.

Contributor

It seems to have a couple bugs in it. 

As South if I trump a truck led the person to my left (west) gets a trump card that is lower taken from their hand if they seem to have one. It happens to North too. But it may not actually do it. 

It constsntly bids poorly from partner. I take screen captures to illustrate the problem. 

Rebids four card crappy suits when holding a much better one as shown when the cards are laid.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I don't believe anyone at AARP reads our complaints or by now they would have tried to fix the game.  Too bad!   I too think I'll find another website.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

I agree that the biddind is a farce, It is terrible to have a lot of points and a good suit, and your partner passses you or leaves you when you mention an add'l suit. The only way to score points is by doubling. This is not much of a double either, because you know the opponents don;t have what they are bidding. At least you get to play a lot of 1 bids and get a little practive. Too bad, it can't be better.

Bidding is totally random. Just makes me mad when I play and I have played for just one day. I guess you get what you pay for. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Agreed: It's great that you try to make the game look better, but you need to make it play better. As another example, other than the obvious problem that partner won't bid even if he/she has points, why does he/she throw away an ace for no reason? Sometimes I feel as if I'm playing against my partner.

Contributor

Hi,

The Bridge Game has all the faults mentioned by others but now

can't even logon. What's happened? Oh well, guess I'll have to go

somewhere else. Bye Bye AARP

ray

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I had similar only worse the other day.  I had 7 smallish hearts with K and 14 points so I bid 1 heart.  My partner had 16 point and 5 hearts. A, Q, J, 10, 5.  His reply bid was 1 NT.  I was furious with such a stupid reply.  I have had similar bid back numerous times.  The game certainly has bidding problems. 

Contributor

I agree. it seems the only way you can score over 1500 is to double.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I absolutely agee. The only way I have ever gotten above 2000 is to double and double often. I double for anything with a 4 bid or over. Usually get that double. Bad enough having a TRUE dumby, but dealing with Tn's 35,000 scores is Something Else! Patrohn

0 Kudos
Contributor

Well I think I found out how to get high scores. You can't win a hand and the opponent can't win. You get points by doubling or from honors. If your partner bids you need to overbid and/or lose the hand on purpose. If the opponent is about to win the hand, refresh the page. You will get the same cards as previously dealt, then just overbid to lose so the opponent can't win. Personally I find it very boring and very time consuming. If anyone else finds another way please let us know.     

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Try this website.  It's free and very fun to play.  https://www.bridgebase.com/

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

How does anyone get over 2000 when you do not even get points when you double and they bust.  Plus this time it only let me play 3 hands!

FIX THIS GAME.  IF IT WOULD SCORE RIGHT, WE COULD PLAY LIVE INSTEAD OF THESE NUTTY COMPUTER GENERATED PLAYERS.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The ONE AND ONLY "partner" is truly a moron.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes indeed. 

It is frustrating to play defense. My robot partner seems to prefer to lead trump on defense, even when each of us has showed "out' of different suits. For example, when we are defending, and I show out of hearts with spades being trump, my partner will lead a trump, instead of a heart.

At the same time, If I know my partner is out of clubs, I will lead a club only to discover that my partner has already squandered his only trump (spade) by leading it and drawing my trump.

The robot doesn't understand the benefit of the cross ruff when it is playing defense.

for 40 years at least, the high/low signal is a good defensive tool. You know, play high if you want the suit returned, play low if you don't. THe robot partner is blind to this type of signal.

Also, I have noticed that when I am declarer, the finess only works about 10 % of the time.  THese hands must be pre-arranged so that the finess is defeated much more often that the odds.

Lastly, when the opps are declarer, you can count on this. Once they draw trump, they will continue to play trump until the suit is exhausted. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

How are these rediculour high scores made if when your opponents does not make his bid and you get no points for this.

0 Kudos
Contributor

A couple of things you might want to know. This bridge game was made by Arcadium. So any problems or complaints should be directed to them. They are always willing to improve their product. I am not sure how TnC956907 can get over 30,000 daily but there is a bug I stumbled upon. After the very first hand is completed you can close the web page in the middle of any hand and the next time you "continue" you will get the same hand to redo if you wanted to. Being new to bridge, it has helped me to learn to bid and to play a hand differently the second time around. Of course one can cheat knowing the cards beforehand.         

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I have yet to get any points for doubling an opponent who does not make their bid?  The only time I get doubling points is when my opponent doubles and I make my bid.  Weird?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

TnC956907 How do you get such high scores?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

He/she did it again today...35,740

0 Kudos
Contributor

Big problem is the robots don't know conventions

0 Kudos
Contributor

That's right the robot is..... a robot you can't tell the idiot robot the convention youre using

it would help if a private communication could happen between the idiot robot and me, the player and high scores are ridiculously high.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It just happened again!  they bit 4spades and they only made 6 tricks.  But we got no points for doubling!.

I'd rather play with real people on line.  These computer players are no good.

0 Kudos