Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Blackjack odds

Message 1 of 3

Years ago, before computer games, I played over 5,000 practice games using a double deck, Vegas rules, and traditional strategy.  I found that about half the time winning and losing hands see-sawed back and forth between nominal winning and nominal losing ending in the expected slight loss over time.  About 25% of the time I was on a roll mainly winning, about 25% of the time I was mainly losing.  But a number of times I experienced the streaks when I couldn't lose or couldn't win. Rarely I saw unbelievable runs, like four or five blackjacks in a row for either the dealer or me, or winning (or losing) 10 or 12 hands in a row.  I 've had the same experiecne live in Vegas and Atlantic City.   

I agree with the experts that, relying only on tradtional strategy the player will be a nominal loser over time, and varying bet size, especially randomly, is a fool's errand.  Although I have had some benefit betting more when I sense a winning spate, less when it feels like a losing spate.  The challenge is timing.  Good luck!      

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Blackjack odds

Message 2 of 3

welcome to my world.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Blackjack odds

Message 3 of 3

I play Blackjack every few days and have often wondered if the programmed game is anything like the true odds when playing cards.

The answer almost has to be no.

I just lost nine hands in a row without my making any errors. The dealer had two Blackjacks and two other 21 counts in ten hands.

I have never won more than four hands in a row (that I can recall), but long losing streaks seem common.

What would the odds be of this happening with a real deck and dealer?

Kudos
Views
Replies