Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Backgammon Game Comments

Message 1 of 5

I totally agree. I have had occasion where I was moving my last tiles off just as my opponent was getting the last tiles off the bar. The opponent had five tiles in the lower right quadrant five tiles in the lower left quadrant three tiles in the upper left quadrant and two tiles in the upper right quadrant. I was all out my score was 213. The computer then said there was a problem and was restarting. So it lists my high score as 193. Which is wrong. There is no way anybody is scoring 500 or 700 points. These are bogus scores and AARP needs to fix this. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

I totally agree with ya!  Good luck!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I also don't understand how people score over 700 in Backgammon, can someone enlighten me?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

I played a few games here, on this site and ran into the same issues you described very well.  I went back to Pogo.com  It's owned by EASports and they have plenty of skilled programmers so issues get resolved very quickly.  Maybe I'll see you there.....in the Master category....Smiley Wink

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Backgammon Game Comments

Message 5 of 5

I play mostly backgammon here. Despite the grumbling about changes in games on which I'm not qualified to comment, the new is a big improvement for me. When I click "Play Now" or "Play Again" in their default locations, the game board opens in the proper position; it used to open out of place requireing me to scroll it into position, a waste of time.

But the game programming programming is still the same; the old bugs have not been fixed. But I like the game well enough to put up with them. For example:

1. When paying doubles, it will often go into "Submit Move" state when only 2 of the 4 have been played and there are legal moves available. After clicking "Undo," I can complete all 4 moves.

2. Occasionally, "Undo" returns one of two or more tiles to the wrong position, giving me either an advantage or disadvantage.

3. Once in a while, a moving tile sticks itself to an illogical spot on the board, requiring me to abandon the game by reloading the page. I've found no way to correct this and finish the game.

I don't understand, though, how its possible to attain some of the almost-900-point scores I see on the top ten lists, especially without a doubling cube or bonuses for such accomplishments as winning before pone bears off any tiles or while he still has a tile on the bar.
Am I missing something here, or are those scores really attainable by smarter players with better strategies than this amateur has come up with?

It's still one of my favorite ways to wind down an evening.
Dano

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera