Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Alternative to Safari Browser

Message 1 of 2

I beg to differ with analysis that has been offered by AARPLynne.

If you check the archives, I reported problems using the Safari browser on the games platform years ago. I investigated the issue, even getting the name of an AARP IT person; I believe to have been in California.

At that time, they were well aware of the issues relating to AARP's games platform and the Safari browser. I was told by the person for AARP that since only 8-9% of the population uses the Safari browser; that it was NOT A HIGH PRIORITY for them.

I also talked to Apple at that time. They described the issue as one where the Safari browser was MUCH MORE ADVANCED than the AARP web site and that the issue related to that. It had to do with the speed at which the browser sent information and the speed which AARP'S web site received information, if I remember correctly. I kept getting a "TOO MANY REDIRECTS" message because, if I understood Apple correctly, information would flow so fast and then be recognized so slowly by AARP'S web site that the information would be sent again.... and then again.... and then again,,,,, and thus, the redirects message.

AARPLynne is correct though in telling you to add Firefox as a browser. It works with AARP's website fine.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Alternative to Safari Browser

Message 2 of 2

We've heard from a number of you that you’re having problems playing the games in the Safari browser. Our tech teams are diligently working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, try switching to Chrome or Firefox to continue enjoying your games.  To get these free browsers, click the links below: 

Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/

Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies