Contributor

Ads making the games impossible to play or enjoy

The tai chi video is getting very annoying.  Occasionally, I could understand.  But after EVERY game?  And now the ad bar at the top of the page expands and covers half the game.  It usually shrinks back but about every 3 or 4 games it remains blocking the screen, causing me to reload the game and listen to the sitting tai chi video again!   Very frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

The ad blocker worked!  Thanks guys!

Honored Social Butterfly

You both need to get AdBlocker Plus added to your browser.

It is free and will rid you of all the ads AARP inundates you with on its games platform.

It is simple to add to your browser.... even I was able to do it and I am technologically challenged.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Periodic Contributor

The ad blocker works for the pop-ups that keep popping on on the right side of the screen, but the entire upper 1/3 of the computer is cut off with ads that make it impossible to see the game you are trying to play.  Sometimes the ads will go away and the screen will expand, but many times it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Klondike Solitaire is now "brought to you by Bausch + Lomb".  Ad blockers will not remove the icredibly annoying and also distracting ads for B&L that they have placed under every stack of cards.  If they do this to Classic Solitaire I am outta here. I've already written to AARP on the contact us page (and gotten no repsonse, so far) but I will cancel my (3 yr) membership renewal that I just paid for and ask for a refund. There ARE other Solitaire wensites. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @stevenj49, you can find the original game in the description box of the sponsored version. I'm also including a link to the original version of Klondike Solitaire here: https://games.aarp.org/games/original-klondike-solitaire. Enjoy!

Klondike SolitaireKlondike Solitaire

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for linking the original Klondike game but if that sort of embedded advertising is going to spread to Classic Solitaire or other games would you please post links to the opriginals as well on the specific game page so those of us who do not want to be bombarded by distracting embedded ads while we are playing have a chance to switch back?. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

What a difference AdBlocker Plus made!  Game changer!  Thanks for the tip.

Trusted Contributor

So glad to help.

Trusted Contributor

nctarheel is right. I have ad blocker on and am never bothered with ads. I'm also tech challenged, so if I can do it anyone can. Woman Wink

Periodic Contributor

Glad I'm not the only one - I understand the ads pay for the site, but the banner across the top is sooo big, I can't see the whole game screen at once!  

Periodic Contributor

I agree.  That ad that takes up about 30% of the upper screen cannot be blocked with an ad blocker and makes it impossible to play the game.

Contributor

I agree, also tonight on 9 ball when you shoot the 8 ball it fouls you saying no ball was hit by the cue.  the game is really cheating tonight, yes it always cheats a little but it makes it impossible to run the table. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png