Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ADS

Message 1 of 4
I may have to try that...not quite sure how to, though. I really don't mind the short ads that get their point across with print in a short period. However, I am personally NEVER going to go to the Wayfair website. Those so called tutorials are way out of line and no one should be forced to endure those in order to play a "Members Only" game!!
And who decided we wanted to know about pendant lamps? Ridiculous and not winning friends for that company.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I have Ad Blocker, but it doesn't seem to be working either. I wouldn't mind an ad that's slipped in every few games or one that can be stopped in 5 seconds. However, they're becoming more lengthy and the material is repeated over and over again with every game. I find the games taking longer to load as the ads are lurking in the background. I don't know why members have to watch ads. Keep them for those who aren't members as I suspect that "gamesters" are using AARP to drive up the scores to unbelievable levels. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@j257993h wrote:

No more of this crap for me. I had it set where ads didn't appear and MAKE you watch them to play a game. This is on a PAID site. I have to see enough ads without this and won't make mistake of supporting AARP again.

@j257993h,

I am not sure what your post is saying when you said you had it "set where ads didn't appear".

I added AdBlockPlus to my browser and it seems to work fine here at this site. I get NO ads between games.

AdBlockPlus is free.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

ADS

Message 4 of 4

No more of this crap for me. I had it set where ads didn't appear and MAKE you watch them to play a game. This is on a PAID site. I have to see enough ads without this and won't make mistake of supporting AARP again.

Kudos
Views
Replies