Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Super Social Butterfly

Re: AARP - Recent Change/Problem with Games Links

Message 1 of 7

Also consider Microsoft pushes "updates" (whether that is turned off or not) and Google updates the Chrome browser without user "permission" (as using the browser gives them permission).

Nine times out of ten, it is browser issue; I support cloud-based apps and see these issues daily.

With net madness okay officially in the US now, we'll see more of these issues. Best defense for we lowly users is refresh, as you suggested, or don't connect to the internet Smiley Wink

#VegasStrong

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Community Manager

Message 2 of 7

I hear you @ASTRAEA. When I escalated your concerns to the tech team, it was explained to me that we utilize caching to make it easier on users’ networks so items do not constantly need to be reloaded each time a page is visited.  However, to avoid the wait-time when we refresh the cache, doing a hard refresh on a page helps to circumvent the wait. Hope this provides a little insight into what goes on behind-the-scenes. Thanks again for your posting your comment and bringing this to our attention. If there’s anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 7

Why is it that when AARP reprograms things this happens, yet I never have to refresh anything, when other websites make changes to their programming?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Community Manager

Message 4 of 7

Sorry about that, @ASTRAEA. I'm seeing that the links are updated so it may be a caching issue you're experiencing. If it's not too much trouble, if you're still seeing the same issue, could you please refresh your browser? Sorry for the extra steps... Please let me know if this resolves the glitch for you. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7

No, it's still not working correctly. If you go to the drop-down menu on the left, scroll down to "Games", click on that drop-down list, and click on "Solitaire" ..it is STILL not going directly to Solitaire. Each of those Game category links needs to be checked .. looks like they're the same way they were this morning; not right.

Community Manager

Message 6 of 7

Hello @ASTRAEA. Thank you for taking the time to detail the glitches you experienced on the Games site yesterday. Just now, I tested the same flow and each link is leading to the correct destination.

AARP - Recent Change/Problem with Games Links

Message 7 of 7

About 2 days ago when I clicked on the "Games", then "Solitaire" linsk, it began linking to a general screen instead of the Solitaire-specific one, and I then have to click on the "Solitaire" tab to actually get the "Solitaire" games.

For the heck of it, I decided to try the other Games links, to see if they've been scrambled up. I did all of these tests multiple times, with the same results:

"Arcade" - Results in "This page can't be displayed"

"Card" - Results in that same general screen where you have to click on a tab to get what you want, instead of just the "Card" games. 

"Strategy" - Working Correctly

"Word" - Results in that same general screen where you have to click on a tab to get what you want, instead of just the "Word" games.

"Sports" - Results in that same general screen where you have to click on a tab to get what you want, instead of just the "Sports" games.

"Brain Games" - Not sure what this is supposed to look like.