Periodic Contributor

AARP ONLINE BRIDGE GAME

Please forgive me - I MUST once again voice my frustration with the AARP Bridge algorithm.  Our EXCLUSIVE "partner" has not improved.  Rather, he has gotten WORSE.  I take this Bridge algorithm, as I must, as an exemplar of AARP competence.  How can ANY of us give ANY AARP program any credibility in light this shoddy performance???

Contributor

It is very hard for me to believe that my computer partneer would pass when it has four of my trumps and 12 high card points.  Not even an idiot would program in this fashion.

0 Kudos

Fun game to play. I will try looking for a live game now after practice.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DaleR958349; @GaelA907688 and @EileenS283798! I'm happy to say that the game development team is currently working on improvements to create more adept computer players. While I don't yet have an ETA on the improvements, your collective feedback is valuable in helping to inform the effort. Thanks for taking the time to post in the Games forum!

0 Kudos
Contributor

When?

0 Kudos
Contributor

would like some tips on bridge from top player almost daily tnc

0 Kudos
Contributor

how does tnc keep scoring over 20,000 points?  For how long can you play a solely defensive game

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why can't we play with real people?. Surely there are enough who would like to!!
0 Kudos
Contributor

amen to playing with real people.   I always have to play with that dingbat guy that passes with 15 points in his hand....or doesn't support a bid suit!!   If real people are a problem, why not switch partners at least.   Also....how in the world can you score 20,000 plus points in one set?!!!

0 Kudos

Lo0k at other websites

0 Kudos

I agree the computer partners I have had seem to not learn anything at all,some even open a bid with 3 cards in a suit!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, the exact same thing happens to me.  Are these real people; or not?

0 Kudos
Contributor

No, you are playing with robots.  Sometimes there's just no accounting for how they play.  Today I opened with one diamond and had five.  My robot partner had eleven points and five diamonds but passed.  Sometimes either my partner or the opponent robots will sluff trumps.  Sometimes my partner will trump my aces. ????

0 Kudos
Contributor

is it possible to score 20000plus points.as you have to set your opponent mutiple times. how do you get computer to overbid that many times.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Apparently the outrageously high scores actually happen but may be engineered by the program.  If the robot opponents get vulnerable on the first game and go nuts with the bidding, you can set them several tricks on a double. I have never had a partner redouble here.  If (while salivating) I redouble a bid, my bot pard will then bid again, cancelling the redouble.  Also, if you open 1NT everyone will pass 100% of the time. I have had a bot partner sluff trumps causing us to go set and also had pard trump my Ace or other obviously good card. Many other strange things happen here and recognizing the eccentrics of the program will help you.  ( Have you noticed that the bots mostly will not take their partner's trick (in the lead at the time) even if it's, say an five or eight  and it is extremely likely to be picked up by us human opponents?  Good Luck!  This program is like playing with novice players with Alzheimer's.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

I too have had all these experiences.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos

Two examples:  1.  The winning bidder always leads out all of his/her trump card, even when not necessary.  2. All three players sometimes bid game when a lower bid would suffice.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi leon. I think i played with you the other day and it seemed more normal. I agree that there are some very weird players(not only bots) on this site. I wonder how many really know the bridge game. I have been totally frustrated when I open 2nt and my partner passes with 7 or more points. Also, why do I seem to be playing the hand when its my partners contract.Bridhge Base is more credible but pretty slow sometimes. I will not play with bots if I can help it.I  hope I meet you again.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I completely agree.  I cannot see how some one can score over 10,000 in one round.  My partner is a dingbat!!   How can you get no response with a no trump opening?  

0 Kudos
Contributor

What I would like to know is how bridge scores can exceed $20,000+ points.
0 Kudos

Responce of pass to a 1 no trump bid is ok if you have a 3 3 3 4 mix and no points. It happens

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png