Watch AARP’s Movies for Grownups awards show online! View the streaming video on PBS.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Member Games and Ads

Message 1 of 3
Absolute no reason to have an ad before each game all the time. You already have ads showing next to the games. We pay our dues and still have ads showing on every page. Even some that are misleading and cause problems if we do sign into them. I doubt that I will renew my membership when it runs out.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Member Games and Ads

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your post @bravo442. We never want to hear that members are displeased with their experience on our site. We also understand that advertisements can be an inconvenience for most, but allows AARP to offer Games at the expense of advertisers and as a result no cost to our users. Your personal time is important and we have implemented a skippable function at the start of our ads to help save you time. This is the one shortcut allowed at this time. We are constantly in talks with our games partners to find ways to improve the experience, including the display of ads. We want to assure you that a more streamlined site is in AARP's future and hopefully a better experience for members in Games. We ask that you continue to be patient with us as it is a process. Your membership is valuable to us and we want nothing more than for you to be happy.

Unfortunately at this time in order to keep the games completely cost free to users, we cannot stop the ads that appear before the games. However, in our Games Forum, a number of other users have suggested installing Ad Block which seems to be helping with the ads. Please feel free to contact us any time via the community forum or at member@aarp.org

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Member Games and Ads

Message 3 of 3

I don't see why members of AARP should be subject to so many ads and so many lenghtly ads when playing games in the Members Only area.  Does our membership really count or not?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies