Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games Site Is Getting Better!

In the middle of May, you will experience a new AARP Games site.  The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.  

Here’s what to expect:

Finding Games: Now Simpler!

• The new site’s cleaner design makes finding games simpler. The game images on category pages are now larger and easier to click through on desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.  

• A new, improved search bar helps you find your favorite games quicker and discover new games with search suggestions as you type.  

Playing Games: Now Easier!

• Game screen size is increasing!  On laptops and desktop computers, you can toggle between two different screen sizes: Standard Mode, similar to the current game screen size, and Larger Player Mode, a slightly bigger, more convenient play area. Games will automatically start in Larger Size. To toggle down, click the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game.

• It’s also now easier to play on your mobile phone. Game area scaling on mobile devices is improved and the game will adjust better to the size of your phone’s screen.

Site Speed: Now Faster!

• Speed to access and play games is improved. You can start enjoying your games faster, while other page elements continue loading in the background.  

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that will enable us to bring you additional edutainment features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

From all of us,

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Regular Contributor

Please reconsider keeping spellbound. I looked up the other word games and none are like Spellbound and most are crossword puzzles....not interested in those mind herders.

Contributor

Yes, please keep it! It is my favorite game!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

it seems spellbound is one of the most popular games based on the number of people protesting its demise. come on, people! why can't we keep it? and why does no one at aarp see fit to answer all these concerns?

Contributor

Glad to hear that you are working on improvements. Mahjongg Dark Dimensions often crashes mid-game, and Outspell often fails to load. These games are a nice member benefit.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Get Puzzly Words

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Please fix Mahjong Dark Dimensions. It doesn't register the correct tile touched

0 Kudos
Contributor

Not able to play Word Wipe. It says the site is crashing. What can I do?

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi @KimberlyS270547 

Just checking in to see if you're still having problems with Word Wipe. I just tested, and it seems fine to me. Make sure that you are using one of the supported browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer versions (IE) 11. If you are still having problems playing Word Wipe on any of the named browsers, please email member@aarp.org and we will work to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The Candy Mahjong game needs to be debugged.  When the time is down to 2+ less than 20 seconds or 1 + less than 20 seconds, the game then takes between 50-60 seconds off not the stated 20.  Please fix this.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Almost anything will be an improvement over the last "update."

My favorite games were deleted, the replacements are not at all what your hype let us to think they were going to be.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Unfortunately, when most sites are supposedly updated, i.e., "made better", they usually aren't. The engineers doing the updating forget that a lot of older seniors grew up with a typewriter, maybe a word processor, and certainly not a computer. The learning curve is usually higher, and some of us seniors are not particularly tech savy. Games are being taken away that I enjoy and play almost every day - Spellbound for one. There are way too many variations of Mahjongg games. It will be interesting to see how much improvement there really will be or whether it will be more difficult to navigate.

0 Kudos

I used to really enjoy playing Flip Out, but when y'all "upgraded" it seemed slower + many of the pictures were so small it was hard to play. I see it's expiring soon - hopefully you're going back to the old format and not totally doing away with it. Word Swipe is my new game - please don't mess with it 🙂  

0 Kudos

Great! Also I do miss an old Mahjongg games.

0 Kudos
Contributor

EVERY WEBSITE THAT SAYS IT IS MAKING IMPROVEMENTS HAS, IN MY EXPERIENCE, BEEN VERY, VERY WRONG.  THE WEBSITE GETS TOTALLY OBNOXIOUS TO USE.  NONE OF THEM EVERY STATE THAT THERE WERE COMPLAINTS THAT CAUSED THE CHANGE AND NONE HAS EVER STATED THAT THE CHANGES WERE TESTED BEFORE BEING FOISTED ON THE PUBLIC.  HENCE, I FEEL COMFORTABLE IN STATING THAT YOU GOT NO COMPLAINTS, THAT YOU HAVE NOT TESTED THE CHANGES, AND THAT I AM UNLIKELY TO ENJOY THE CHANGES,  I AM GETTING PREPARED TO LEAVE YOU FOREVER.  PROVE ME WRONG!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why is there only 1 word find game per day and many crosswords to choose from daily

0 Kudos
Contributor

Backgammon no longer loads. Is it being upgraded?

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@ladyofhealing It seems fine to me now. Are you still experiencing problems?

0 Kudos

Doesn’t AARP listen to its own online forum? THE GAMES WITH NEW IMPROVEMENTS DON’T WORK! All the games that are “IMPROVED” DON’T WORK ANY MORE! Please STOP Improving! If it isn’t broken don’t fix it! PLEASE DONT MAKE GAMES BETTER!
0 Kudos
Contributor

"edutainment "?????.......I certainly hope the people supposedly improving AARPs online games just made a typo and weren't trying to be cute....or, maybe that's a new way of spelling I haven't seen/heard of before.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I play Pool on this website and have to go to another website to play my other favorite game, Checkers.  Wish this website had Checkers games that we could play with other players.  I used to think Checkers was a kid's game until I started playing with some really great players and they reminded me that it's a game of strategy.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

I would like to finish playing a game--even if I don't finish in your time frame.  Frustrating when I'm almost done and it shuts done, out of time. Yuk!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I certainly hope so . Your last “upgrade “ made it impossible to open some of my favorite game ! Your IT people suggested clearing cookies which I do regularly, or to change browser! The result , have to open several times because the site has to keep reloading “ because error occurred “ or “ site crashed” ! Now some of word games never open ! Hope new upgrade does not cause more problems !

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

At bottom of game it says on left side details & on wright leader board just press which one u will see how to play game. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hopefully you will provide instructions for each game, making I am looking in the wrong place but it certainly not clear

0 Kudos

I am very disappointed that Spellbound is "expiring " from your word games. You have more than one type of word search, more than one type of crossword puzzle, yet only one Spellbound. Why is this game the one you are getting rid of? It is my favorite.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Pleae provide a "don't show me this again" option for the yellow announcement of impending change.  I got it already.   Games is Getting a Makeover! In the middle of May.  I got it!

Regular Contributor

Please do not eliminate Spellbound. This game actually requires some modicum of intelligence. There is no similar game on your website. It's popular and we already lived through an update, which left many unable to play for weeks. Why get rid of it now? Is there anyone listening? Do you care what your members think??

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Now I see that not only is it not letting me play to the end of the time alloted, but it is posting the wrong score. Would you fix that?

Also, please either leave Spellbound or replace it with an equally fun game that challenges our memory and knowledge. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love outspell.  Please keep it the way it is.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@boblster 

Hey Bob 

I just  did a search "Game Changes" found many topics dating back to 2014 

So changes seem to bring good and bad You may wanna check out 

Lynne @AARPLynne  did say that they were taking all comments and suggestions as guidance for the future update

So hopefully it'll be an improvement 

There certainly a mass of interest based on 200+ comments here 

Enjoy your day everyone!

Ginger : ) 

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Members Only Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle