Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games Site Is Getting Better!

In the middle of May, you will experience a new AARP Games site.  The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.  

Here’s what to expect:

Finding Games: Now Simpler!

• The new site’s cleaner design makes finding games simpler. The game images on category pages are now larger and easier to click through on desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.  

• A new, improved search bar helps you find your favorite games quicker and discover new games with search suggestions as you type.  

Playing Games: Now Easier!

• Game screen size is increasing!  On laptops and desktop computers, you can toggle between two different screen sizes: Standard Mode, similar to the current game screen size, and Larger Player Mode, a slightly bigger, more convenient play area. Games will automatically start in Larger Size. To toggle down, click the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game.

• It’s also now easier to play on your mobile phone. Game area scaling on mobile devices is improved and the game will adjust better to the size of your phone’s screen.

Site Speed: Now Faster!

• Speed to access and play games is improved. You can start enjoying your games faster, while other page elements continue loading in the background.  

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that will enable us to bring you additional edutainment features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

From all of us,

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Contributor

I cannot get 10x10 arcade! What is the problem?

Glad to hear it!  I’ve been frustrated by seldom/no-load of solitaire games. Thanks, 

Contributor

SOME OF THE SCORING IN MAHJONG SEEMS VERY HIGH  EVEBUNBELIEVABLE.

I HOPE THE SPEEDING UP DOESNT MAKE ITD IFFICULT FOR OLD FINGERS LIKE MINE

PFC

Contributor

So should we just give up on the solitaire that seems totally broken? It is VERY frustrating, to not have some sort of warning, other than the RAH RAH, we're changing. I am not a happy camper.
0 Kudos
Contributor

Good bye 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Great maybe some other games like  Hidden  Object  Games  

0 Kudos
Contributor

So have the games been shut down as you transition to the new platform? I haven’t b able to access free cell solitaire for weeks now.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Has solitaire spider been deleted if not why is it not acceptable?

0 Kudos
Contributor

What's going on meanwhile?  Clicking on my regular Spider Solitaire "start" produces nothing!  This is my regular, reliable calm-down program, and I miss it!  Especially since the date for the newer apps is so vague.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I don't play Spider Solitaire, so I can't say. This used to be the case with me when I wanted to play Black Jack. I made a comment and now it works like a charm. Sorry you are having issues with your favorite game.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Instead of adding new games and updating site , how about fixing all the problems you caused with last update. Site crashing in the middle of games , sending player into this comment site when in the middle of a game , to name a few. Many have told you that they can no longer get in to favored game , word wipe ! You say you can get on it , good for you , your players cannot!! Get it together please !

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Maybe some of these ridiculous high scores will go away with Black Jack. I liked the old Tri Peaks Solitaire much better than this new one.
0 Kudos
Contributor

It's great that you're making the site look better, but would you please put some effort into fixing obvious problems? First, hands are sometimes stacked in order to keep the scores somewhat even, opponents sometimes get all the honors in the deck (those tricky opponents). Cards are sometimes missing from play (for example, there may be no king of hearts). Opponents sometimes win tricks they're not entitled to and sometimes play the wrong suit even if they have a card of that suit. Partners throw away aces for no reason and fail to bid even if they have points to support. If you'd fix these problems, I'd be far happier than I'll be with a prettier or faster game. Does the person who programmed this game know how to play bridge?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I Hopefully you will  fix the leaderboard so it doesn’t move all around and just enlarges when you want to see all ten scores. It is not just my computer or IPad it does it on others that I have played on. It only shows 5 scores and when I try to swipe it up t9 see all scores it simply makes the 5 scores larger.

Thank you.

K Freema

0 Kudos
Contributor

I Hopefully you will  fix the leaderboard so it doesn’t move all around and just enlarges when you want to see all ten scores. It is not just my computer or IPad it does it on others that I have played on. It only shows 5 scores and when I try to swipe it up t9 see all scores it simply makes the 5 scores larger.

Thank you.

K Freeman

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hopefully you will  fix the leaderboard so it doesn’t move all around and just enlarges when you want to see all ten scores. It is not just my computer or IPad it does it on others that I have played on. It only shows 5 scores and when I try to swipe it up t9 see all scores it simply makes the 5 scores larger.

Thank yo

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Are you making changes for us, the seniors, or are you making changes for you?  If you think you're making improvements for us, please don't bother!!!  Older people like status quo.  We don't appreciate change, and we would be very grateful if you found other areas to demonstrate your computer savvy talent.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My personal opinion is that seniors do like change to some things that relate to their income and living conditions, and medical coverage. So I don't think you are speaking for ALL seniors. I am a senior citizen and I would like to see a little improvement in these games or give us back a couple of the older ones, which have been put in the new format. The old Tri Peaks Solitaire was great, but can't be played in the current format it's in now. Format may not be the correct word for what was done or the reason it was changed. Change its good at times for everyone. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Haven't read through all of the comments so forgive me if this is a repeated one. I hope that the new games that are posted are ones that can be completed. I enjoy playing Pyramid, but there are more times that I am unable to complete the game because of how the cards are dealt. I feel all games that are posted should be able to be solved. One more wish - people that play these games via a downloaded program should get a conscience, or at least deflate your egos. Being top scorer via cheating is not cool!

bam1954
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am of the opinion, you aren't suppose to win every game. If you played this game with a deck of cards at home, you would not win all the time. It's the luck of the way the cards are dealt to you and how skillful you are at solving the game. I don't win or complete some of these games a lot of times, but I always post my highest score and either replay the game or go to another one. I love the Black Jack game, but don't understand the extremely high scores some players are posting. I do know someone who has posted a high score like this several times, and he says it is possible, because of the bet you place and if you choose to go "all in" with what you have in your bank account at the time. I'm not a big risk taker and hate to start over, so I rarely go "all in". I hope the changes to these games will be good for us all. It is just for fun anyway and it keeps me alert. So thanks AARP for giving us this little bit of entertainment.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I understand that if I were to deal the cards at home for Pyramid I wouldn't win all the games, but to have the majority of the Pyramid games be "Unfinishable" is frustrating. I won't even get into the wacky way games are scored - others have already commented on that aspect.

As for high scores, I am referring to Classic and Klondike Solitaire games, not games where you can place a wager. There are a couple of players that have to be playing via a downloaded program, which enables them to set a score just higher, or rediculously higher, than what can reasonably be achieved. I doubt there is a way to stop them from doing it so I ingnore what they've supposedly scored and strive to beat the next best honest player, or my personal best.

bam1954
Trusted Contributor

I have noticed this in other games as well. Scores in the millions and millions! Who can do that? Someone with programming to play the game, and not a person. 

I also believe these games are NOT exclusive to AARP, as some of the organic high scores can't be by seniors, lol. That's just my take on it however.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I hope it hasn't started yet. If it has, all this week I have had to wait longer for all the ads to finish filling. And I have to keep readjusting the position on my screen since it seems to move as ads keep adding in. If AARP is getting paid for all these ads, perhaps we should come up with some way for these revenues to support SS so it can continue beyond 2035.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I don't think it has because they say mid May, if you read what is above each game highlighted in yellow. I haven't had any issues with having to move anything around to make my game fit correctly. I think the ads take about the same time as before, but I am sure these must be necessary, to help pay for us being able to play the games at no charge. Or, you could be correct in saying they have to pay to advertise on the AARP site. Some games are for AARP members only, but since I am a member this doesn't bother me, as it might some. I like you comment about SS. Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definitely 

0 Kudos
Contributor

STOP interrupting! I seen this message dozens of times. Enough!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Looking forward to improved site. Got blocked from “Roll 5” again.

0 Kudos
Contributor

PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING M Y FEED TO TELL ME ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING IMPROVEMENTS. Enough already!!!!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Will you PLEASE stop interrupting my games to tell me how much better things will be in two weeks? If this keeps up I’ll find another game source. I understand I need to see some advertising, but enough already.

0 Kudos
Contributor

It would be nice if the games had tips on improving your game and score.  So many others get some really high scores and my score stay relatively the same low score.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle