From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Games Site Is Getting Better!

Message 31 of 288

I hope it's changing for the better this time. I used to love Spellbound. Hate the new one.  I want to be able to twist or jumble the letters. Also new crossword puzzles are needed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 288

LOL the suggestion for stopping all of the comments on this thread didn't work for me. I did as instructed and still get many a day. At least you guys at AARP know your Seniors love to play games that don't cost money. 

Thank you for that at least.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 288

I liked the Egg Blast game, but it was always over way too soon even if you got through the levels. I think two or three levels was all it gave before it made you start over. Could have been errors with the creators coding, many of these games are used by AARP, not made and maintained by them. 

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 288

I have noticed this in other games as well. Scores in the millions and millions! Who can do that? Someone with programming to play the game, and not a person. 

I also believe these games are NOT exclusive to AARP, as some of the organic high scores can't be by seniors, lol. That's just my take on it however.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 288

I love these games.  Anything that can be done to make them even better will be great.  Thank you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 288

Yes

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 288

The last time you improved the games, I lost my two favorite games, and several of the others changed for the worse, not the better.  This time I see you will again "expire" both my current favorites, Spellbound and FlipOut.  Guess I won't be spending much time here next month, which is a shame because I feel like your games help me stay at least a little bit sharper than I would otherwise, at 84 years. And when I play the games, I also tend to read news, articles, and discussions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 288

I agree on the post about pyramid solitaire, scoring sucks also discard pile freezes. I REPORTED THAT AND YOUR SUPPORT SAID IT WAS MY PROBLEM

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 288

I understand that if I were to deal the cards at home for Pyramid I wouldn't win all the games, but to have the majority of the Pyramid games be "Unfinishable" is frustrating. I won't even get into the wacky way games are scored - others have already commented on that aspect.

As for high scores, I am referring to Classic and Klondike Solitaire games, not games where you can place a wager. There are a couple of players that have to be playing via a downloaded program, which enables them to set a score just higher, or rediculously higher, than what can reasonably be achieved. I doubt there is a way to stop them from doing it so I ingnore what they've supposedly scored and strive to beat the next best honest player, or my personal best.

bam1954
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 288

In my experience your "improvements" have ruined the games.  I stopped playing all but one game.  That game is slated for "improvement".  I suspect it will not be worth playing when it comes back.  Who decides on these improvements?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera