Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games Site Is Getting Better!

In the middle of May, you will experience a new AARP Games site.  The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.  

Here’s what to expect:

Finding Games: Now Simpler!

• The new site’s cleaner design makes finding games simpler. The game images on category pages are now larger and easier to click through on desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.  

• A new, improved search bar helps you find your favorite games quicker and discover new games with search suggestions as you type.  

Playing Games: Now Easier!

• Game screen size is increasing!  On laptops and desktop computers, you can toggle between two different screen sizes: Standard Mode, similar to the current game screen size, and Larger Player Mode, a slightly bigger, more convenient play area. Games will automatically start in Larger Size. To toggle down, click the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game.

• It’s also now easier to play on your mobile phone. Game area scaling on mobile devices is improved and the game will adjust better to the size of your phone’s screen.

Site Speed: Now Faster!

• Speed to access and play games is improved. You can start enjoying your games faster, while other page elements continue loading in the background.  

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that will enable us to bring you additional edutainment features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

From all of us,

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Community Manager
Community Manager

The new AARP Games site is live! The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that enables us to bring you additional features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

Thank You and Happy Playing!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, now I remember trying, a pretty long while back, to play one of the games on my phone while waiting for something, and it was so tiny that, not only was it hard to see, but my fingertips were too big too accurately play (and my fingertips are very small). Good going, you guys!!!
Contributor

Nope nope nope. NOT better. Slower and the screen is smaller. What are these people thinking? Do they even have a clue? I need things bigger NOT smaller.

Contributor

This happens with every update, but every game has come up with the message, Something Went Wrong.  I have come to expect this, but nothing in the way of a solution is available.  What should I expect going forward?

Kudos
Views
Contributor

The changes to games hit my computer today. What a joke. It is not faster to load it is slower, the play area is smaller not larger. I tried repeatedly to play Jigsaw and Sweet Shuffle and get the message "something went wrong". Guess I won't be visiting the AARP website much since I only used it for the games. Too bad for your advertisers. 

Do you consider it "impovement"???? Bring back as it was before!

Contributor

I hope login for a member to play Bridge will be quicker. Anticipating new look.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why is the Classic Solitaire disappearing on the site when you click on to play?  It was working fine 2 days ago, but can no longer access.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How can it be getting better - when you are RETIRING more games -

0 Kudos
Contributor

Please restore Mah Jong Candy! I miss it!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Spellbound is my favorite game and you are eliminating it.  I have tried other word games and don't find any that I like nearly as well.

Please reconsider.

0 Kudos

The game server keeps dropping the game

0 Kudos

I LOVE THE GAMES.  I HAVE ESSENTIAL TREMMORS AND THE GAMES HELP ME CONCENTRATE ON CONTROLLING THE MOVEMENTS.

Contributor

For those of you who still want to play Spellbound like I do go to Arkadium.com.

Contributor

Thanks for the info. Spellbound is my favorite
0 Kudos
Contributor

Please tell me why 10x10 will load on my phone but not on my iPad?

Contributor

Please get Spider Solitaire up and running again. I'm about to give up on AARP games.

0 Kudos

Best games on the net

0 Kudos

Addictive games! Love and not so

0 Kudos
Contributor

I hope it's changing for the better this time. I used to love Spellbound. Hate the new one.  I want to be able to twist or jumble the letters. Also new crossword puzzles are needed. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My take on Spellbound exactly!!!  The first one was good and you could scramble the letters.  It was way more fun.  Not being able to scramble the letters on the second one just made it boring.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love these games.  Anything that can be done to make them even better will be great.  Thank you!

Yes

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love all the games
0 Kudos
Contributor

In my experience your "improvements" have ruined the games.  I stopped playing all but one game.  That game is slated for "improvement".  I suspect it will not be worth playing when it comes back.  Who decides on these improvements?

Contributor

In my experience your "improvements" ruin the games.  I am down to one game that I play after the last round of improvements.  It is being taking off line to improve it.  I expect when it comes back it will not be worth playing. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hope you are correct and that the games will get better.  I still cannot believe you eliminated games (such as Yarnz and now Eggs Blast) without asking players for their opinions.  I hope Yarnz will be a returning game!

Trusted Contributor

I liked the Egg Blast game, but it was always over way too soon even if you got through the levels. I think two or three levels was all it gave before it made you start over. Could have been errors with the creators coding, many of these games are used by AARP, not made and maintained by them. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Currently, even the mini crossword game is a resource hog. My computer fans spin like crazy. Possibly due to all the ads. Hope things improve with the upgrade.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

To our Online Community Members,

We wanted to let you know that our Community Guidelines and Terms of Service have been updated. The changes are intended to foster more civil discussions in AARP’s online communities. The issues discussed in these communities – including healthcare, retirement and politics – are serious and stir up strong emotions. We should have spirited debates about all of them, but those debates should always be respectful, on topic and fact based. We will be applying these standards in our online communities as we work together, with all of you, to address the challenges that face older Americans. Thank you.

AARP Membership Flash Sale

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Your Daily Puzzle

Enjoy our interactive brain-teasers and treat yourself to some mental gymnastics. Try one today.

Your Daily Puzzle