Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Games Site Is Getting Better!

In the middle of May, you will experience a new AARP Games site.  The site sports an updated look and feel to help you find your favorite games, discover new ones and get to play them faster.  

Here’s what to expect:

Finding Games: Now Simpler!

• The new site’s cleaner design makes finding games simpler. The game images on category pages are now larger and easier to click through on desktops, laptops, smartphones, and tablets.  

• A new, improved search bar helps you find your favorite games quicker and discover new games with search suggestions as you type.  

Playing Games: Now Easier!

• Game screen size is increasing!  On laptops and desktop computers, you can toggle between two different screen sizes: Standard Mode, similar to the current game screen size, and Larger Player Mode, a slightly bigger, more convenient play area. Games will automatically start in Larger Size. To toggle down, click the screen icon on the bottom right corner of the game.

• It’s also now easier to play on your mobile phone. Game area scaling on mobile devices is improved and the game will adjust better to the size of your phone’s screen.

Site Speed: Now Faster!

• Speed to access and play games is improved. You can start enjoying your games faster, while other page elements continue loading in the background.  

These changes are made possible by a new foundational technology that will enable us to bring you additional edutainment features, updates, and new games.

We hope you are as excited as we are about these improvements. For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions.

From all of us,

Thank You and Happy Playing!

Contributor

I can't imagine why you would want to discontinue Spellbound and suggest Wanderwords, which isn't fun at all. Not for me, anyway.

Periodic Contributor

The scoring on daily crossword doesn't seem to relate to how fast the puzzle is solved. In the old days, there was a direct relationship so that the faster you solved, the higher the score...which made it fun. Now, sometimes I solve it fast and get a lower score and other times I solve it slowly and still get a top score for the day.

Contributor

More games 

Contributor

It's fine to add more games, but not fine to get rid of Spellbound, my absolute favorite game. It's just one little game. Please don't delete it :(.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Great.  Bring back Ice Cream Blast!

Contributor

i wish you would bring back the original Crescent game. This new one is way too hard to win at. Also, I like the Scrabble type game but i cant play anything but the easy one, the others are too hard, and i bought a book to help me.  i would like a Original type Concentration type game, like the one on tv many yrs. ago. Also, the colors are not attractive on any of the solitaire games.  Thanks for listening.

Joyce M Woolstenhulme
Contributor

Thank you! 😊💖
Contributor

Right now I am having problems even getting some of my games.  About half seems to have disappeared.  A bit frustrating.  Please have things go a little bit more smoothly. Actually I have belonged to AARP about 30 years and the latest years have created much more difficulty in the electronic age.  Why can’t it be smoother, rather than harder.  Perhaps you could come out with help items in your magazine instead of being obsessed with movie personalities and so called prominent country stars and etc. I and many others find it tedious going thru magazines and information that idolizes definitely  not the mainstream.  My next door neighbor and others in our country are much more tuned to science and history and those that make the U.S. a better place to be.

If games are going to be faster, that's not better. Faster is more stressful & slower is relaxing. Not being able to finish a jigsaw is very frustrating. Why not make some games faster & others slower?

Periodic Contributor

Please keep Spellbound. It is the only game of its kind on your site and the one I play all the time.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Kudos

0 Kudos
Contributor

you should add in games that were part of Smart-Kit.com games -- these were educational and school-safe strategy games that were mainly targeted at young people, but are great games that i as an older adult truly enjoyed playing.  check them out and include.  Also check out the types of logic games found on puzzles.org--things such as Strimko.  These are great too.  Let's up the choices at AARP games. Thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

Great to hear this! Several new games were crashing i.e. word wipe.  Annoying to have to log in constantly. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Please leave well enough alone.  I don't like the last changes and if these are anything like the last change, I will probably delete this site.  I can't see half the games.  You pull it up and get a blank screen.  very disappointing!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Many of the “new” games I don’t like.

Periodic Contributor

Thank you!!! i only like a couple of games right now

0 Kudos
Contributor

I can no longer get Free Cell and have tried everything to bring it up,but I only get a snap response

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JulieD922501, this is the link you'll want to use: https://games.aarp.org/games/freecell-solitaire. Will you double-check that you are using one of the supported browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer versions (IE) 11? If you find that you experience any problems playing games on any of the named browsers, please email member@aarp.org and we will work to resolve the issues.

0 Kudos