Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

pyramid solitaire scoring

I'm trying to figure out how to get a higher score on pyramid solitaire. I can generally get in the 1820-1830 range but can't seem to get any higher. Thanks for any advice you "expert players" can give me!

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Regular Contributor

Two keys,  Be very fast,  use all the letters including the deck,  always play a card from the board before the deck for the line bonuses 

View solution in original post

Regular Contributor

Soory,  I was referring to cards,  you can clear a board but leave cards in the deck un matched,  2.5 points for each card left (5 point per match)  and yes people are scoring 1860 which is 30 seconds,  my high 1828 and that was a perfect deal and 1 time through.  A hint though,  The clock doesn't start until you make the first play,  you can look at the board and make a plan or you can see the pyramid is set that a solution is not possible,   a nine at the top and two fours right below it .  It is possible to go through the deck and figure out best plays to save cards but it takes too much time.   Lastly,  speed is dependant on device you are playing with,  i think a big  touch screen would seem fast,  the mouse on my desktop (my choice) not so..,  phone with a stylus,  ??    Mostly,  good luck and have fun

View solution in original post

Regular Contributor

Two keys,  Be very fast,  use all the letters including the deck,  always play a card from the board before the deck for the line bonuses 

Periodic Contributor

Letters? What letters?

Thanks for the scoring info including the line scores.

Can you actually get done in 30 seconds or less?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Soory,  I was referring to cards,  you can clear a board but leave cards in the deck un matched,  2.5 points for each card left (5 point per match)  and yes people are scoring 1860 which is 30 seconds,  my high 1828 and that was a perfect deal and 1 time through.  A hint though,  The clock doesn't start until you make the first play,  you can look at the board and make a plan or you can see the pyramid is set that a solution is not possible,   a nine at the top and two fours right below it .  It is possible to go through the deck and figure out best plays to save cards but it takes too much time.   Lastly,  speed is dependant on device you are playing with,  i think a big  touch screen would seem fast,  the mouse on my desktop (my choice) not so..,  phone with a stylus,  ??    Mostly,  good luck and have fun

Periodic Contributor

I agree that the device you're playing on might make a difference! I switched to the touchscreen feature on my laptop and it helps. I also delete many games that I know can't be won. (Often I go through 10 puzzles before I find one that you could actually win.) I love this game, so I'm patient! But I still can't do a puzzle in 30 seconds. I admire anyone who can! My highest score is 1845 and it took me weeks to achieve it! My aim is simply to beat my highest score every day. I've found that luck is also involved -- getting a puzzle where you can make all the matches for a base score of 1290. Those are pretty rare.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Great post,  it is a fun game and I am constantly looking for different stratejies,  it is speed and finding a good board,  I dont know if the deals are totally random or are there different preprogrammed shuffles,  I've never noticed any duplicate deals,  if you like this,  I like playing golf solitaire and spider solitaire also,  similiar game play,  Good Luck and i'll wtch for your scores

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I try to do all these things, but I think my internet speed (or my brain speed!) is just not as fast as others'. We live in the country and sometimes my moves actually "get stuck," which is very frustrating as it uses up several seconds. It seems that it's a combination of skill, speed and luck (to be able to use all of the cards in the deck). I'm continuing to practice!

Regular Contributor

I play for the enjoyment, so huge scores are not as important as maintaining consistency,  here is the simplest explanaation of scoring: highest possible is 1890 points,  (line bonuses 1150 pts,  matching bonuses (28 of em @5pts)  =140 and 600 points( 10 minutes )  1290  . Now subtract 1 point for every second it takes you to complete each row,  use all the cards including the deck and do it in one minute (-60 pts) and voila  your final score is 1830.  do it in 30 seconds  1860.  Lots of little hints,  to clear a row always play the row card before the deck card or it dont count.  Good luck all !   Dave I

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Great tip, thanks for sharing, @Annie2306!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP