Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

crystal collapse, ok what am I missing I can hardly get to 200k points and I see all those 1M... ?

Regular Contributor

crystal collapse, ok what am I missing I can hardly get to 200k points and I see all those 1M... ?

I am reaching out, 

I have only recently discovered Crystal collapse, so I thought I would give it a try, now I am hooked.  my problem is that after the 6th or 7th level I get these terrible challenges, with 3 of each, bubbles, shield and the regular tiles..  that burns all my moves so I end up losing. 

I understand the little rewards on the left, so I try to reach for those when it makes sense.  I also get that if I hook up 2 eagles together it cleans all the tiles (well at least at the lower levels which are only 1 thickness worth).   

any hint appreciated

thanks 🙂

Periodic Contributor

My best score is not that much higher than yours, but the thing that helped them go up the most was changing my focus from making points to saving turns. Once you are out of turns, it's over. As long as you have turns left, you can keep making points. (Especially in the lower levels, when points are worth less and it generally takes fewer turns to complete a level.) For example, when you have a choice of how to destroy something, use one of the colors/symbols shown on the left that are collecting to give you 10 extra turns; don't be tempted to blast out a large color block just for the points. Don't be too eager to take several turns to blast out one square when a later double eagle or combo will pick off those singles for you.

0 Kudos

I don't understand why this game has all the stars, flowers and rock with the curly cue In the background

My highest score in nearly 2 years is 658.

Is there a way to use them for higher score or easier boards?

I love this game, but it is frustrating

Can anyone help??

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

See the explanation from MaryR below.

I also wondered how folks could get 1M, not to mention 2M, but my high score is now almost 900K, so I am beginning to believe it can be done; I just figure they are even nerdier than I am. I can't believe how many hours I have spent on this game! (Okay; back to playing it!)

Contributor

I don't think it's possible to get in the millions with this game either.  All I can suggest is the the tools are your best friends.  Use the arrows, the paws and the phoenix.  Combine them.  Move them to line up with targets.  This is not a match match game.  It's a game of strategy and use of tools.  Look around the board.  Think two moves ahead, but don't get stuck based on simple matches.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Try using the double claw or claw/star combination more just as you are using the double eagle. In the earlier level of the games, you make fewer points per turn, so work to save turns instead. If you have more turns going into the shields, bubbles and doubles, you have a better chance at making it through. For example, on levels one and two, you can't always make a thousand points, but in the later levels, you can make in the thousands of points on one play. My scores got higher when I stopped trying to make points and just worked on saving turns until about level 10.

0 Kudos
Contributor

It is not just you I have serious doubts about the 1 Mil or more, scores. There are also misleading tile counts. When you have 2x or 3x tiles they are counted as single tiles on the clearing tally. and even that has serious math errors. I dont know how to post an Image but I have a screen shot of very misleading numbers.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I think I have been trying to get this longer than most. My high score is 681,+++, though I've only made it to 500K a couple of times.  One helpful thing that I have figured out is that saving plays is as important as collecting points. The gain in points is slower, but you have more chances in the end. I also am working on slowing down and planning ahead more accurately, as I sometimes miscalculate how others to the side or above will be affected by a play. And I try to figure out whether I should play or star or claw or wait for a star or claw to show up next to it to get 9X the destruction. 

One thing I can't figure out in the left column is: 

There is a dark blue circle around the fireball and number, and, as you, and a light blue line begins to circle it clockwise from 6:00. I can't seem to control when the fireball will come out and save me at the end of a round, but that seems to be trying to tell me something. What?

Contributor

Watch how the circle closes more quickly when you make a big play, like joining two birds and triggering them. Each time the circle closes, you get one or more obstacles removed. But I find it very handy when I have just one or two tricky - stubborn - hard to reach targets left. So I make a big play, erasing as many gems as I can, and the circle will close, and knock out the last targets for me, no matter how inaccessible.

Do you know what the white swirling cloud things are on the left and why do we accumulate them if we can't activate them??

0 Kudos
Contributor

Love the game but how do you get rid of the "coal" spaces?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Got it! I couldn't figure out why sometimes it flings itself at target and sometimes it doesn't. And I like your scheme for using the information to your advantage. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Here's what I've figured out:

On the left, under the "goals" there is a fireball encircled by a blue arrow. Beneath that it may have a blue tile (or yellow or green...) with a 0/25 and a fireball next to it. This means that when you have eliminated 25 blue tiles you get another fireball (it will count up until you get to 25). When the blue circle around the fireball is completed (comes full circle) the fireball is thrown and it eliminates a hazard.

It may show a bear claw (for example) 0/16 next to an arrow and 10. This means that when you use 16 bear claws you get 10 extra points.

You can see that watching these numbers can help you strategize for extra points or extra fireballs. Questions?

Periodic Contributor

And what does the fireball do? It seems like just luck to me, and sometimes bad luck.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The fireball keeps track of how many gems you have eliminated. When you make a big play it circles faster. EAch time you close the circle, it will discharge some flares to wipe out one or more targets. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Looks like we are all in the same boat. I have figured out everything that has been mentioned and cannot get past 385M. I agree there is no way someone can reach 1MM points.  Frustrating 

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hi, @Mimi7Jud, thanks for taking the time to post!

While playing, you’ll often see a group of like-colored crystals with an animal marking on all of them. These special powers appear when a certain number of crystals are next to each other — the more crystals, the better the power.

When you click on this grouping, they’ll all condense into one special crystal. You can use that crystal to clear multiple other crystals (or logs, or leaves) nearby. But you can go even one step further with a combo.

Collapse a crystal into one of the animal powers, and then try to collapse another crystal into another animal power, so that the two powers are sitting right next to each other. Then click on one of the animal powers and watch a huge portion of the board disappear!

I don't understand what the white swirling cloud on the left is for or how to activate it???

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

thank you, Lynne 

I am already familiar with the animal power/combo.  (that is why I mentioned hooking up the 2 eagles together to clear the whole board)

I am wondering how so many people can reach the 1M target 

I am also curious if there is a way to predict if I will get a column or a line wipe out when I join the tiles together.  (I have tried selecting the top, the bottom, the far left, far right middle, I thought maybe it is the color, or maybe it is in the direction of my last selection..  I cannot identify the pattern).  

it might just be a question of chance and that's fine, I was just reaching out to see if there were others who knew more tricks than the one you are referring too.

thank you 

🙂

Periodic Contributor

I have tried everything also to get a higher score. Does anyone have any tips or tricks. I just don’t believe people are reaching a million? I also make it up to 200k points and that’s it.

Regular Contributor

thank you for answering, I was starting to wonder if there was me.. (and my 200k some points) and the rest of the world getting 1M..  

in addition to hooking up the 2 birds together to clear the whole board, I have found that the bear paws are not too bad when combined with one of the northern stars.. (it does not matter what direction they are aiming to), this will clear 3 lines and 3 columns

the bear paws will also work good combined with another bear paw (lots of bear paws will "stump" the board)

the bird with the bear paw is not too bad either.

the bird alone or with a northern star is pretty useless..  

2 or more northern stars together is a little bit of a waste, you will only clear one column and one line regardless of how many of them you hook up together.

I was faced with a puzzle 3 days ago that was impossible to solve.. leaves at the very top with nothing next to them or under them (so no way to get a nothern star wipe out) and bubbles everywhere... 

it looks like this might be more a luck driven game than strategy driven.

have  a nice day  🙂

Not just you !!  I was trying to find out if there was something i was missing that I should be doing .  Hard to believe that so many people can get 700,000 to a Million just by luck !

Regular Contributor

thank you 🙂

I really like this game, but even though I am playing it a lot, the max I ever reached was 485k...  which was because I was very lucky to get easy challenges in many levels.  it is still a puzzle to me why so many get the high score of 1M and even 2M...  I was beginning to think my luck is really bad, then I noticed the names seem to repeat themselves..  mmm  there is something going on for sure.. or those people are just consistently very lucky....  

Contributor

I cannot believe there truly are people who get 1M points. To no avail, I've tried every trick I know to get those mega points.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP