Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

ad banner blocks game

The ad banner at the top of the screen where I'm trying to do play a game often stays on, but I can get it down eventually. Today it keeps returning to full size interfering with my ability to fully see the Crystal Collapse game I'm trying to play. I hope someone can correct the problem on the site end.

Contributor

Yes, it still does it and is very annoying, especially with games that are timed. 

Periodic Contributor

I am sure most people have figured it out, but if you have an ad blocker installed, it needs to allow ads on the game page or you will get the banner across your game. Sorry to all who are dealing with this as I did.

Regular Contributor

Disabling the adblock doesn't fix it; I tried that.

Regular Contributor

that is nonsense! disabling the adblock does NOTHING to help

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @BonnieM549730 @dalind @Dreelyn @AmyM385212 @d41808g @bs5848 @pumptest @Skipperl

Thank you all for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.  

Periodic Contributor

Here's an idea, AARP...

FIRSTLY, why not try any new game updates before you unload it on us? Give us, who play your games daily, an opportunity to tell you how it works [or doesn't] before instituting the change that gets everyone so upset???

You certainly can see just how much we all play the games; you know how much we rely on continuity. Just let us tell you how good it is...or isn't, so you folks at AARP don't stir up a hornets nest, eh?

Thank you for your kind attention!

0 Kudos
Contributor

This needs to be fixed. So frustrating. We do pay a membership fee and I don’t need to renew mine for 4 years! Why can’t you fix this. The advertising is getting way out of control and extremely extends the load time and delays.

Helpj

Periodic Contributor

This reply doesn't make much sense. You caused the issue four days ago when you pushed new software. Now you are "working to address it" and expect the solution will be "rolled out this month". What if you reverted the software to what it was, and went back to beta testing what you were trying to achieve but with a wider set of test environments to include all popular browsers and laptop / desktop environments?

Regular Contributor

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I mean, it only took one launch to break it, so how about just rolling back the launch and then testing before you go live again? Forcing users to wait a month to make the site usable for them again seems a little much...

Community Manager
Community Manager

@BonnieM549730 thanks again for reaching out - please read the following posts, we believe they'll be helpful! 

AARP Games: Red Bar (Website Header)

AARP Games: Mega Menu (Website Header)

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Your "solutions" don't work; the bar still moves and the games are still unplayable, and it's been several days. Guess it's time to find a new site...

None of the "solutions" you mentioned does any good. I use an ad blocker because otherwise I am bombarded with ads, on a site where I am paying for a membership!!!  Also, there is an annoying banner ad to renew my membership with a spinning icon next to the games.  As I have ALREADY renewed last year, how can i make that go away.  the website worked fine until someone decided to "fix" something that wasnt broken. 

MacAir Firefox (updated) 

Regular Contributor

they don't work

Periodic Contributor

This solves nothing for me. Please roll-back this change. Why is it acceptable to inconvenience so many people who are members of your organization.

Contributor

This just started yesterday, 2/8.  There is a fixed ad above the red bar.  The fixed ad above the red bar is what showed up yesterday.  We pay for this membership.  Why so many ads?  Why ads for fake health diagnoses and fake health remedies?  I have been a member since 2005, do not like paying for ads and seriously thinking about not renewing the next time.  I am bombarded with ads everywhere I go and am just plain tired of it.

Please fix this issue so us retirees can play the games.  I am using an HP desktop, Chrome and Windows 10.

Contributor

Just tried again today, 2/14.  It is not fixed yet!

Contributor

I agree 100%

Periodic Contributor

Having the same problems.  I am on a Lenovo laptop, Windows 11 Pro, and using a Chrome browser.  Tried using Edge browser yesterday and it didn't format properly but today Edge did work.  Hope they can get it fixed for Chrome as I prefer that over Edge.  May have to change up for AARP site though.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RobinR799295,

We appreciate you reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I'm on a Dell desktop with Windows 11. Doesn't work in either Firefox or Edge--used to work in both. Tried on husband's laptop with Windows 10, 2 different browsers. Doesn't work there, either. Is it a PC/Android issue?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobinR799295 thank you so much for sharing this info! Please see the below - thanks!

thanks again for reaching out - please read the following posts, we believe they'll be helpful! 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same issue on Firefox for Android. OnePlus 11 with Android 14.

Kudos
Views
Contributor

1000002569.jpg

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NancyC474613@Meleah@RollTideBama@MichaelM02067@barbara654,

Thank you all for reaching out to share the issues you’re experiencing playing games. We are actively working on addressing two issues, i.e., the red bar and the expanded menu. Our technical teams are giving them top priority and it is expected the solutions will be rolled out this month, as each is available. We know they are paramount to a positive gaming experience. Thank you for your patience as the issues are corrected. As more information is available, it will be posted here.     

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @NancyC474613 for sharing this. Please read the below posts, thanks!

thanks again for reaching out - please read the following posts, we believe they'll be helpful! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am also having the same issue. On my screen it's the white banner that normally sits up top...it has the red AARP logo on the left and on the far right my user name, help, and search icons. It moves down the page when I try to play a game (Mahjongg Solitaire), and it sits across the game board, which makes it unplayable. If I keep scrolling down, it snaps back up top, but the game is sitting too low. Please park that moveable banner permanently up top like it used to be.

My specs are as follows:

Surface Pro5

Windows 10

Firefox

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

In addition to the red banner moving over the game, the page will change if you mouse over any of the tabs (Health, Money, etc.) without having to click on them, which means it leaves the game page as well. This is very annoying!

Periodic Contributor

Cleared cache, signed out and back in, restart computer.....still having this problem.

Regular Contributor

This same problem just appeared. Red banner moves below the general navigation banner and obscures the game screen.  If you scroll far enough down the red banner moves back to the top but by then the game play section is to far up to play.  

I'll try the cache correction and see if that does anything. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP