Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Who's the best-ever NCAA men’s basketball coach?

Retired Community Manager

Who's the best-ever NCAA men’s basketball coach?

In 2011, Mike Krzyzewski led Duke to a 74-69 victory over Michigan State to become the winningest coach in NCAA Division I men's basketball history. He retired in 2022 with 1,202 wins and five National Championships. John Wooden won an historic 10 National Championships in the 1960s and 1970s, which is unlikely to ever be beaten. Who do you think is the best-ever NCAA men’s basketball coach and who is the best active college coach?

Want more trivia? Try Right Again! Trivia - Sports edition - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants.

Regular Contributor

The best ever college coach is John Wooden, The Wizard of Westwood. And the best active college coach is Geno Auriemma, coach of women's basketball at Connecticut. They both have plenty of NCAA Championships in their resume.

Periodic Contributor

Hands down, Bill Self.  Hall of famer, 2-time National Champion (reigning champ), 4 time National Coach of the Year, 5 Final Four appearances, 33 straight NCAA tournaments in a row, 14 Big XII championships in a row (17 in 20 years as coach), and on and on.  THE BEST!!!

Contributor

Mark Few- Gonzaga! 25 consecutive years in the NCAA tournament, two championship games in the last five years. A number 3 seed this year!

Contributor

Tom Izzo - MSU

Contributor

Tony Bennett of UVA. Great coach and a very good man.

Billy Donovan FloridaGators late 90s-2015

Gators record: 467-186   (Now he coaches NBA in Chicago)

14 NCAA Tournament Appearances

8 NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen 

4 NCAA Tournament Final Four

Regular Social Butterfly

Also consider Bill Self... just saying imho BEST-EVER...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP