Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Who is your favorite player in NBA history?

During a game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on February 7, LeBron James broke Los Angeles Lakers legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar all-time NBA scoring record of 38,387 points. Abul-Jabbar had held the record since April 5, 1984. Who is your favorite player in NBA history?

Want more trivia? Try Right Again! Trivia - Sports edition - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants.

Contributor

Of course, Michael Jordan, but right now, Devin Booker, and all the Kentucky players in the NBA!!

Contributor

Dirk Nowitzki

Periodic Contributor

Back when I watched basketball I liked Larry Bird. 

Contributor

Pistol Pete. If you followed the game along the years you know who i'm talking about.

Contributor

Giannis A. - Not only is he incredible player and 2-time MVP, but he is also the humblest superstar imaginable.

Contributor

Jordan of course! He's from the Carolinas and he always gave a good show 

Contributor

Jordan, Bird, actually any except Lebron James.

Regular Contributor

Jabbar, James, Jordan, Bird, Duncan, Russell and a couple dozen or so others deserve all-time great status, but the best of them all was Wilt "The Stilt" Chamberlain.  Besides championships and MVP awards over a lengthy career, he scored 100 points in a single regulation game!

Contributor

Any player who was a true TEAM player is tops in my book. No flash, no grandstanding, no ego. Just good, solid playing. Robinson, Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker come to mind, along with Coach Pop.   

Contributor

Michael Jordan!

Contributor

Dirk Nowitzki

Social Butterfly

Piston Bill Lambier!

Periodic Contributor

My #1 is always Michael Jordan, but I enjoyed watching him on the court with Magic Johnson and Larry Bird!  A fun 3-some.

Contributor

Wilt Chamberlain as the NBA had to make several rule changes due to his incredible athletic abilities.  Leads the NBA by a huge margin in games scoring 50 points or more.

Contributor

Kareem A. Jabbar

Periodic Contributor

I have a few and their names speak for themselves:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Wes Unseld

Reggie Theus

Earl the pearl Monroe

Walt Frasier

How about the WNBA?  Lisa Leslie!!!

Trusted Contributor

Although my older and younger brothers played bball in rec leagues and with friends on a parking lot at the end of our street, I didn't get to attend many of their games. And I never followed the pro sport. Hubby followed (still follows) SEC NCAA.

After our son was born, hubby introduced him to bball, baseball and football. In fact, after “Dada,” Matthew’s next word was “Ball.” Of course he was bought a Nerf bball set.

Between playing with him, watching tv and UofTN in person, by 4 Matt was mesmerized by Michael Jordan. He had most everything made MJ-related except a lunch box. Now in his 30s, he still holds MJ in reverence. He was impressed but upset when others (LeBron James, Kobe Bryant) broke his records.

(Of course, his 2-time retirement and return was a bit embarrassing).

To summarize, I have a special place in my heart for him too.

Kareem.  He has continually given himself to community.

Contributor

Oscar Robertson

LeBron James for sure!!!! He has always displayed professional practices in addition to being a great husband and father.

Bronze Conversationalist

My favorite NBA player was John Havlicek with the Boston Celtics. He did not receive the media attention like others. He played offense and defense with the same tenacity. He was the best all around player that I have seen in 60 years.

Larry Bird

Social Butterfly

Dennis Rodman.  (Just kidding)!

Contributor

Larry Bird for pure entertainment along with optimal basketball skills.

Fox with the Sacramento Kings    Last night he was absolutely incredible.

Silver Conversationalist

Larry Bird.. Great overall talent in all aspects of the game AND made everyone else better when he was out there..

Trusted Social Butterfly

Nathaniel, Nate, Archibald.

I was never good at basketball.  It was a real pleasure to watch somebody the same height that I am thrive and even be a force to be reckoned with in the NBA.

Periodic Contributor

Michael Jordan is still the GOAT of basketball.

Contributor

Steph Curry.  He can drain a 3 pointer from anywhere on the court.  Very exciting!  And he's a super nice guy to boot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP