Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

What is your favorite sport to watch?

Super Bowl LV between the Buccaneers and Chiefs was the highest rated TV program in 2021 with 92 million viewers. What is your favorite sport to watch?

Want more trivia? Try Right Again! Trivia - Sports edition - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants.

Contributor

In person... All. On television,  basketball. Most Olympic games as well.

Contributor

College and pro football. Horse racing.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't watch any type of sport.  They are a waste of time, and serve no useful purpose.  Participating is different.  Exercise is beneficial.

0 Kudos

There are so many outdoor sports that I love to watch and are almost never aired. Iโ€™m so tired of the same five menโ€™s sports always on multiple channels (football, baseball, basketball, hockey and golf). I like to watch triathlons, trail running, mountain biking and others that are nearly impossible to find. 

0 Kudos

@AARPLynne wrote:

Super Bowl LV between the Buccaneers and Chiefs was the highest rated TV program in 2021 with 92 million viewers. What is your favorite sport to watch?

Want more trivia? Try Right Again! Trivia - Sports edition - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants.

World cup soccer

Contributor

And Taylor Swift wasn't even there!๐Ÿ˜„

0 Kudos

World cup soccer

0 Kudos
Contributor

Soccer (or Futbol, as it is properly called).  Ever since the 70's-80's when the NFL, NBA, and MLB changed, we switched to other sports.  College sports have slipped also.   They are now all about money- no loyalties.  High school sports are still great.  

Contributor

FOOTBALL, especially college. 

0 Kudos

NASCAR! Follow the Cup series, the Xfinity series and the Truck series. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Heather I like to watch football and nascar racing.

Regular Contributor

I enjoy watching and playing table tennis.
The first is that there is a lot to learn, and I am one of those individuals who is obsessed to learning new things, and this sport is continuously challenging me. I enjoy learning about my environment, and table tennis brings together many different branches of expertise, including medicine, physics, and engineering. I appreciate seeing a variety of theories put into practice.

The second reason is completely selfish; I enjoy the way table tennis makes me feel about myself. I purchased a good pair of ping-pong paddles here and play almost every day. Even if I lose, I adore the sensation of my loops dipping into the table. Making the ball follow a curved trajectory brings me great delight. Perhaps it's something along the lines of performing things that non-tt-players find impossible (looping the ball from under the table, around the net, side-top spin shots, ghost serve). I used to think those things were impossible to do when I was playing ping pong in school (I was around 10 years old at the time), but today they are absolutely feasible, and some of them are fairly easy for me.

Regular Contributor

The European soccer championship had twice as many viewers as the Super Bowl. 

I've watched half a century of American sports and it is becoming routine and expensive to watch.  I watch a lot of soccer with English commentary and silent in Spanish for free.  I used to watch cricket and rugby when they were free.  If I live long enough, I will pay to watch those.

Contributor

Although I still love the NFL playoff, nothing would beat the world cup in my book...

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

My fav is ice hockey because it is constant action!  No waiting for the pitcher and batter to make all of their adjustments and no waiting for referees to decide where to spot the ball or decide if a penalty call is valid.  Love hockey!

Contributor

I love hockey for all the reasons stated above -- but I also love baseball for all the reasons he doesn't like it. Two completely different games in so many ways.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I really like going out to Dodger Stadium to watch the Dodgers play a 12 noon or 1:00pm day game. They usually play them on a Tues., Wed., or Thursday. I take the day off from work and go have a great time rooting for the Boys in Blue, with a hot dog and beer in hand!

Silver Conversationalist

NFL football.  Depending on which teams are playing. We have 3 teams here in California and I may also watch games with the Packers, Raiders(My personal fave), Vikings,Chiefs, Buccaneers, Broncos, Steelers and Ravens.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Basketball which oddly enough I could never play. Its a simple game unless we as humans try to complicate it. The original Boston Celtics only had 6 plays with 3 variations off of those. They executed those plays to perfection in most cases and it was a pleasure to watch an it is today. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Great topic, @AARPLynne !

Chiefs fan here (hometown) but we always watched Royals (MLB) most (and could afford to go to more games). MLB or baseball itself is great educational game; my kiddos and nieces and nephews learned best math lessons learning scoring (which some 40+ years ago they still admit and teach their kiddos ;)...

But sure every sport teaches something important to our human element...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Contributor

My fav is ice hockey because it is constant action!  No waiting for the pitcher and batter to make all of their adjustments and no waiting for referees to decide where to spot the ball or decide if a penalty call is valid.  Love hockey!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP