Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What is your favorite MLB team and/or players?

Retired Community Manager

Play Ball! Today is Major League Baseball Opening Day. Did you know that William Howard Taft became the first president to throw the ceremonial first pitch on opening day of the 1910 season? Since then, every president except for Jimmy Carter and Donald Trump has thrown at least one ceremonial first ball for Opening Day, the All-Star Game or the World Series while in office.

Want more trivia? Try Right Again! Trivia - Sports editionโ€”part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well, this may sound pathetic but I have not followed baseball nor rooted for a team since Walter Oโ€™Malley took the Dodgers out of Brooklyn & moved them to LA when I was 11 years old. I grew up cheering for our beloved โ€œBumsโ€ and cherish the memories of my Dad taking me to Ebbets Field where I cheered for Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese and others. No team could ever take their place in my heart.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The New York teams -- The Mets and Yankees. I have been a Mets fan since they won the 1969 World Series. My husband is a long-time Yankees fan, but I root for them also -- except when they are playing each other -- then we are on opposite sides. There are so many ball players we admire, from the Mets and Yankees, from years ago and through the present. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

NY Yankees

0 Kudos
Contributor

Our favorite team is the Yankees even though we are from Virginia my hubby has been a fan since he was 10 years old . I followed along after we were married almost 54 years ago! 
 We love Yogi ,Whitey, Mantle ,Riveria, Jeter , Guardy& Judge

0 Kudos

The Angels, and of course Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani.  Growing up my hero was Jim Fregosi.  My dad was a big Angels fan, so we went to games often.  I mowed lawns and saved my money all summer long one year in order to buy a Jim Fregosi autograph model glove.  I was so proud to own that glove.  I still have that glove saved.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Cleveland Guardians (Indians) since I was a kid. I'm 76 now. Jose Ramirez & Shane Bieber are my present favs. my all time favs are Rocky Colavito & Bob Feller

0 Kudos
Contributor

The California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim/ Los Angeles Angels Favorite Players Mike Trout And Shohei Ohtani And Rod Carew And Bobby Grich And Don Baylor And Tim Salmon And Troy Glaus And Troy Percival And Chuck Finley And Nolan Ryan And Garrett Anderson And Brian Downing 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I'm not revealing my favorite team.  It's too embarassing!

0 Kudos
Contributor

The Pittsburgh Pirates are on fire! They just had a fantastic road trip and now they're back home still winning. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Chicago Cubs -Kyle Hendricks all the way!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Colorado Rockies! 

0 Kudos

Houston Astros- Alex Bregman

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Seattle Mariners; Julio Rodriguez

0 Kudos
Contributor

Detroit Tigers. Favorite Player - Al Kaline.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Detroit Tigers!! I remember 1968 well!! Al Kaline is Mr. Tiger!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Favorite team - NY Yankees. Favorite player- Mickey Mantle 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Boston Red Sox.  First game, in Fenway Park, August 1964.  Favorite all-time has to be David "Big Pappy" Ortiz.  Too many favorites through the ages to name them all.

0 Kudos
Contributor

DESPITE THEIR RECORD THIS YEAR SO FAR I FEEL THE TIDE WILL TURN FOR THE REDSOX     RED SOX VS YANKEES STUFF HAS GOTTON THROWN AT THE TV DURING THOSE GAMES    HF KAZIMER JR

0 Kudos
Contributor

Cleveland Guardians.  Favorite player--Steven Kwan.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Philadelphia Phillies 

0 Kudos

Houston Astros, favorite player: the whole team!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Washington Nats! Won it all 4 years ago. Building a team to repeat that.

0 Kudos

Atlanta Braves  !!!! GO BRAVES  !!

Contributor

Been my favorite since before they moved to Atlanta. Hard to pick a favorite player from over so many years. 

I know it has to do with my age, but I liked the game of old compared to this game we have now. 

Texas Rangers! Favorite all-time Ranger: Adrian Beltre. Favorite current Ranger: Marcus Semien.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Atlanta Braves, and Ronald Acuna

0 Kudos
Contributor

Dbacks

0 Kudos
Contributor

St. Louis Cardinals!!!

Contributor

Dbacks

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP