Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Games Talk

Hello, and welcome to the new AARP Games Talk forum.  This is a dedicated space to chat about and bond over your favorite games!  Like to solve crossword puzzles and/or Sudoku? Connect with others who enjoy the same. Trying to top your personal best score? Talk to others who continue to break new records. And, if you want to share your experience with new games as they roll out, this is the place.

Games Talk is subject to the Community User Guidelines and our Terms of Service.  If not familiar with them, we encourage you to review them before participating in the forum. As a public forum, anyone can read the posts, but to reply to a post requires registration on the AARP.org website.  If you would like to register now, please click here.

As always, if you need help accessing AARP Games, please visit the AARP Games Help Center.                    

Thanks for participating in Games Talk and enhancing the AARP Games experience. Have fun!

Periodic Contributor

I do not know where to put this question..so forgive me if it is in the wrong spot.  I play the daily Solitare Game since May 25th; I have been trying to solve the game. I have never been unable to solve a game. I have tried at least 50 times. I wrote to  the game people, and their shart rep sent me a note telling me.." some games are harder than others."  I found it insulting. Can anyone tell me if they had any problems holding that game? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@majejo   I'd never tried that game until you mentioned it.  I feel bad saying this but I got lucky and solved it.  Looks like the scores are cumulative, so mine was just 450 as it was the first time I'd played.  I like Codeword and the scores are cumulative there as well.  I fall further and further behind each day, lol.   I was very lucky.   I've played the Members Only Canfield game today about 30 times and only won one.  It is typical not to win.   Looks like you only get one try per day on this one.   Keep at it and I bet you get a lucky hand eventually.   That was not a good response you got.   It is not a hard game but it is hard to get a solvable solitaire game in only one try per day,

P.S.  That is an unusual game.  I just played today and lost but it gave me a chance to repeat.   I won that time.  I must have missed something the first time.  And a correction to what I said about Canfield Solitaire above.  I played about 50 times and didn't win at all, a new record, lol.   Also, this game doesn't always appear on my card game screen.  I wonder if it goes away after you play once that day?  I was trying to go back and play the days I didn't play in May but only got to one day.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi AARP Lynne,  I have been an AARP memmer for over 20 years and have enjoyed the games for many,  Lately the games seem to have been over run by non members who seem to get great enjoyment out of manipulating scores on the leaderboards.  Did not there used to be certain games that were members only ?  A cheater would be much less obvious if his identity was known to AARP,  especially the impossible scores.  Arcadium has been excellent at clearing these in appropriate scores.  Just venting but when all scores are competitive with a sense of accomplishment and then a score triple of every other score it does diminish your accomplishment .   Just my two cents    Dave I

Trusted Contributor

Hi! Today, for the first time, I am having a problem with the daily crossword. First, it took forever to load. Once it did, the letters were offset from the boxes, making it nearly impossible to solve the puzzle.  Anyone else having this problem today? This has never happened before! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for starting a new Games topic.   I prefer my crossword in the daily paper, but I do play three AARP games regularly:  Trizzle, Daily Jigsaw, and recently Daily Sudoku.  Each day the leaderboard resets so I try to play early to see my ID on it.
 The jigsaw score depends upon speed. You have 8 minutes max, or it times out.  (This was a change from earlier before the Flash games were converted - we could take as long as we needed.) 

The Trizzle score is straightforward for making matches of 3 or more dolls. It’s fun, I like it.  But it’s hard to keep the game going long enough to make the high scores.  So I begin early, so that my game ends just after the leaderboard has reset. Then I have a chance to see my name. Others somehow keep playing long enough to get really high scores, probably not cheating.

Sudoku works quite well.  The Menu provides a way to pause, and I just found that I can put in the Notes all at once. Less brain exercise but a real timesaver.  But how is it scored?  Not apparently by time.  Often I get 40,000 points, or 10,000. Seldom a score like 41,000 or recently 15,800. How do the others get such huge scores?   Another thing. It’s not perfectly clear what time the leaderboard cycles.  And there is a note “Play more to improve your score”, but if I replay the daily game (using Menu to reset the board) my score has been zero!   What’s that about?

I heard about Codeword and tried it. It's like Cryptoquote in my newspaper puzzles. That is a hard one!  I solved once but finished it the next day, so my score posted under "monthly". This one is so hard I really can't worry about the score or the Leaderboard.  I came close to finishing the second game I tried, but had to stop on that one. I will keep at it.

Polly
Sic 'em Bears!
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPLynne   Not sure if this is where I posted yesterday about missing Word Wipe or not.  But thanks, it's back today.....and now Outspell is gone, another favorite.    Have had no problem with games for  long time but the last two days have seen some malfunction.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health