Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Video Game Favorites From The '80s

Back in the 80s, did you play video games at home or in the arcade? Which game(s) were your favorites and why?

Periodic Contributor

Arcade was the best to play Pac-Man! Plus you got to eat some tasty pizza afterwards! I absolutely loved Donkey Kong! Got super good at that one.

0 Kudos

Those '80s were quite the era for gaming! Personally, I dabbled in both home and arcade gaming. It's hard to forget classics like Pac-Man and Space Invaders in the arcades. The thrill of trying to beat high scores with friends was unbeatable.
At home, titles like Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda on the NES held a special place in my heart. Their simple yet engaging gameplay was revolutionary. Nowadays, I'm still all about that gaming life, especially with CS2 skins marketplace adding a fresh twist to my gaming adventures.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Arcade but home mostly on my Atari with Dig Dug, Pitfall and Pong.๐ŸŽฎ

space invaders  , my friend use to have te bie atari  arcade game at her house alone w centipede and pacman  3 of the best in the 80s 

Periodic Contributor

space invaders still play

Roller rink playing asteroids and galaga

Contributor

Eating lunch and playing Q*bert video game at Streeter's Tavern on E Chicago Ave, Chicago IL in 1984

TETRIS hands down! It was addicting. I still miss it decades later (the 80s version, that is).

I loved PAC MAN. I flipped the scoring on it several times. Hands would get sore playing. 

I loved RoboTron, Defender, missile command!  I have an arcade close to me and i still go to play these!

0 Kudos

Loved Space Invaders and Frogger

Contributor

Moon Patrol! Man I loved that game and the catchy tune/music it played!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I loved playing Space Invaders and Centipede!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Back in the day, i was the Pong state champ!

0 Kudos
Contributor

My game was pacman

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Arcade or bar.  RevolutionX, Missile Command, Donkey Kong, Asteroids, and Space Invaders were my favorites (Had an Atari but no PlayStation and MegaTouch hadn't been introduced yet).

I absolutely loved and played alot of PAC Man as well as Donkey Kong & Centipede. Always made for good times.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Ms. Pacman was my favorite. i couldn't get enough. Donkey Kong was a favorite & of course pinball but it is too bad we can't find them anymore. it is rare you come across them nowadays.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Roanoke has a video game and pinball museum that you  can play all day for just a cover fee

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also loved pinball

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP