Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Scoring on Mahjongg

I would like to know the secret to scoring large on Mahjongg games.  I see where some scores are over 100000 points and I can barely get to 25000 even with clearing the boards.  Whats' the secret?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Its called knowing how to skirt the system! It is probably the same people as well? Most of them don't even have names just a letter and numbers.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

what does skirt the system mean?

0 Kudos

I just want to turn off that annoying music and the "ticking" clock as the time winds down.  Whatever happened to just playing a game without competing for a higher score?  Please...turn off the music.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@vickib214564 . I just mute the sound on my computer. 

Retired Community Manager

Hi, @granny1974, thanks for your post! Mahjongg Dimensions is all about speed — and level completion. To climb the leaderboard, first you’ll need to get to level 10, as completing it nets you 10,000 bonus points. (You get cumulative bonus points for beating each level: level 9 gets you 9,000 points, level 8 gets you 8,000, and so on).

You’ll also want to take advantage of the speed-match bonus, which rewards you for making a match within two second of your last match. Your first speed match will add a 2x multiplier to the score, your next consecutive speed match will add a 3x multiplier, and so on. Chaining together quick matches is a huge source of points!

Lastly, look out for multi-match bonuses, which occur when you make a match with the same symbols as the previous match. The multiplier increases the same way as the speed-match multiplier, so always be sure to search for like symbols!

Contributor

Hello!  I too have the same problem as you, @granny1974 !  And @AARPLynne , you talk about higher levels but I can never get past Level 3.  I'll finish Leve! 3 and the message comes across the game, something like thank you for playing and that's it, it starts over and I have time left.  I don't understand!  How can you get past Level 3??  Thank You!  😃

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@Kricket35, Mahjongg Dimensions only has 3 levels, so the challenge is getting your score as high as possible before running out of time – or levels.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you for replying but where do I find which level I am on?  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@granny1974 ,  Don't feel bad for not scoring high. You have only so much time to accomplish clearing. Plus, the speed of your connection, the device you play on and using touch, mouse, trackball or whatever can determine how much and how fast you are likely to clear. Or, in my case, when my hand gives out. 😊 My highest is 43 thousand something and sometimes (most of the time) way lower. But I just enjoy playing and just try to beat my high score. Enjoy and good luck.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP