Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Looking For Code Word Tips

I've been playing Code Word for a short time and would like some strategic tips.  I guess the only thing I'm seeing is that "E" is usually the most common letter. Are there other things that would improve my game playing?  Thx, any help is appreciated.  Christine

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @Rhymesometimes - I like Codeword also. Like you, I try the letter “E” early on. I often go on to try the rest of the vowels after that. Sometimes that is helpful. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Social Butterfly

@Rhymesometimes 

Hi Christine 

I love playing Codeword its my favorite game I'm no champ but strive for 10,000 points a game/day anytime get that feel did great

Things I've learned 

Since game doesn't start till I click a box I always try b4 start figure out word with most given letters & try those letters see if makes other words in puzzle or if shows words know won't work

Also I look over puzzle for words with same three matching endings to words

Example : 4 11 22 that can represent I N G ending most puzzles but not all have couple words ending with ing therefore that helps fill other letters that will lead to determining words

FYI:  you can click EYE (top right) when on letter box with your choice letter or it blank and it'll reveal correct letter or let you know its correct costs points in score to do this but some puzzles are really tough worth points to use less time also less entering incorrect content which both also cost scoring points

Good luck Enjoy!

Ginger  ;   )

Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Enjoy playing Code Word,

sometimes my words  absurd.

Thank you, 5271.

with your tips now more fun.

Proud to be Code Word nerd.

---  Christine

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @Rhymesometimes - I like Codeword also. Like you, I try the letter “E” early on. I often go on to try the rest of the vowels after that. Sometimes that is helpful. Good luck!

Social Butterfly

@LindaB671  Your tip worked!  I was able to solve Code Words today. Hooray!  Thank you again.  Christine

Social Butterfly

@LindaB671  thank you for the tip.  I'll try that for Thursday's game. Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP