Community Manager
Community Manager

Keep Your Brain Active

We know gaming can be great for mental acuity as you age. What games do you play to keep your mind active?

Periodic Contributor

My husband and I play the more complex board games, especially train games, like Railways of the World, the Empire Builder series, and any 18XX game. We also enjoy other Euro games, like Carcassonne, Castles of Burgundy, Terraforming Mars, and Splendor. We play online via Board Game Arena, via Zoom or Meet, and in person with other gamers who are fully vaccinated at our  local game club.

0 Kudos
Contributor

crossword puzzles

0 Kudos

Braindoku

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play wooddoku.

I love it.

Its very relaxing h

0 Kudos
Contributor

Online Games:

I enjoy WordScapes.   You make as many words you can in a puzzle, plus you get bonus points for extra words.  I joined a team that makes it somewhat interactive.  Or you can just have the team to request hints.  The weekend has tournaments and the whole team (at least the one I am on) contribute. It's a no stress team but we get really engaged when we are in the top 5 and get extra coins.  It does have ADS in it, so I splurged and bought the no ad version.  It is a game i play everyday.

I also been playing words with friends with my two sisters for years now.  

And a relaxing but also some strategy is Fishdom.  I  like to play the match three game and then decorate the aquariums you unlock.   

Board Games: recently been playing with family Tribond.  Its a game that gives three words or phrases and you have to come up with the commonality among them.  It's great fun and actually a game most of my family enjoys.

Contributor

I enjoy playing majahongg solitaire and lumeno they're challenging. Always looking for new games to play suggestions welcome.

Periodic Contributor

Go to boardgame geek and brouse their games. This site has reviews and how-to play videos of all sorts of games, including games that be played solitaire. If you like challenging games, try Terraforming Mars, AuZtralia, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and Wingspan for solitaire play. Also many good games are available online for free on Board Game Arena.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I most enjoy letting the grandkids win whatever game we play.  Seeing their proud reaction is very satisfying!  ❤️

Community Manager
Community Manager

That's so sweet and heartwarming @2Papa 💛

0 Kudos
Contributor

I play BOOKWORM online---sort of a solitary version of Scrabble.  I just love making words.

I play Scrabble (or its equivalent) on line frequently. As long as I can form words and strategize, I feel I'm ahead of the game.

Jane   age 73

Community Manager
Community Manager

One thing I've really gotten into during the pandemic is at-home escape room games. I did one with a friend recently, and we even had to use the box to solve a clue. It was really clever, fun and challenging!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health