Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Have you joined the Wordle craze?

Are you a wordsmith? Then it's likely you've tried Wordle! Each day a new 5-letter word is the solution for which the player tries to solve in 6 tries.

Have you joined the Wordle craze? What do you most like about the game? What other word games do you enjoy playing on a regular basis?

Play Word & Trivia games on Games.AARP.org today!

Contributor

When I heard that Wordle is similar in strategy to Mastermind, I knew I had to try it! I love Mastermind! And I'm a word person! What's not to love? I've played 21 times (100%) and have settled on my favorite first word. It has four vowels. Someone will have to tell me, though, how it's possible to get the word on the second try! I have a friend who achieves this regularly, and I can't figure out how he gets enough information from his first word to do that!?

Periodic Contributor

I’m still loving the Wordle game. So far I have done 26 and other than the first one I have solved every one. Most of my solves (9) are on the fourth try.  I will sometimes begin a game and if I’m stuck I will go back to it later on.  I’m amazed at my 25 solve streak. Another word game I enjoy playing is AARP’s Scramble Words which I think has actually helped me with Wordle.

My approach is to eliminate as many letters as possible with each turn.  My average win is in the 3rd or 4th try.  I've only left 3 puzzles unsolved and I have serious questions about one of them!! 😉

Contributor

My husband and I play Wordle every day, but it is difficult for him because he is colorblind. Those two colors do not stand out. I have to rewrite everything on a piece of paper.

Contributor

Yes, I've become addicted to Wordle - it's so interesting how you get from one word to another across the grid and the "right" word is so different from where you started!  I have a couple favorite words I use in the first box to start with at least three vowels.  Still a fan of crossword puzzles, too!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I love the Wordle game and can’t wait to play each day. I think it’s fun because it’s fairly simple and easy to play.  I must admit I did not solve the first puzzle I tried but since then I have tried 16 more consecutive  times and have solved every one.  Of those 16 times, I have solved one on the second word, two on the third word and five on the fourth word….

Contributor

I am thoroughly enjoying Wordle. I am still at 100%. I love the challenge but mostly I like thinking of new words to try. 

Trusted Contributor

Contributor

Impressive.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP