Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

“Great Words for Scrabble” and maybe OUTSPELL also

Trusted Contributor

“Great Words for Scrabble” and maybe OUTSPELL also

I subscribe to the Merriam-Webster Word of the Day emails. They often include word quizzes on different topics. Today the quiz is “Great Words for Scrabble.” It includes a lot of words and tips that I didn’t previously know. Although both the rules for OUTSPELL and the dictionary for OUTSPELL are somewhat different from Scrabble, I can’t wait to try out these new (to me!) words and tips in OUTSPELL.

Here’s the link if you want to take the quiz:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-games/great-scrabble-words-quiz

Super Contributor

I like Outspell but lately have had some situations where the "computer" isn't being fair!  The latest example:  the computer played the word FIZZ, using two Z's - but there's only one Z in every game!  So how did the computer get two Z's?  I've had a couple other issues  as well.  It's definitely not a level playing field.

Regular Contributor

Qi is a favorite because I've usually used up the letter u.  I also endeavor to place words that can be easily expanded (e.g., snare -> ensnare, build -> builder, train -> trainee, goat -> goatee, etc.).  There are lots more opportunities to build on base words and score big!

Retired Community Manager

Great idea and strategy, @naxos! Outspell is the perfect game to hone in your skills for your next game of Scrabble!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP